The Eye of Cygnus 94 members · 346 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
LyraAlluse
Group Admin

Unofficial Sites Rules That Can Get You Issued A Warning Or Banned:

Recently, a few people I've known on the site for a while have been issued warnings by site mods for various things that I thought I would pass along to other people so they don't make the same mistake.

Unofficial Site Rules (Not Listed In The Actual Ones):

1. Only promote your content in a max of five groups a day. If you go over this, you will get a warning from the site mods and a possible ban if you keep doing it. This doesn't have to do with stories, this has to do with stuff you advertise in the actual forums, as in making forum posts promoting your content. If you make more than five forum posts in five different groups promoting your content, you will get a warning and then an eventual ban. I personally dealt with this one fairly recently. It wasn't a fun experience, and this isn't listed anywhere in the rules, so I thought it was important to pass it along.

2. Don't post full episodes, songs, or any other media in blogs or groups that hasn't been posted by Hasbro. I knew two people who got a warning for this and a few others who were banned. The site mods take this serious, guys. I probably have to go back and delete things from my own blogs and groups as well.

3. Be careful of the amount of stories you put in the group story folders at the same time. Some mods count too many stories as spamming. The max amount of stories you are allowed to put in the group folders a day is around 50. I knew a few people who were issued a warning for this and a few others who are banned.

4. You are not allowed to create blogs or forum posts that speak negatively of another user, especially blogs or forum posts which single that user out for harassment. This one is pretty self-explanatory.

5. You aren't allowed to sign posts with anything more then just your username. Anything past that can get you a warning, though most likely not until you've done it several times.

6. The only place you can link Mature stories is in a NSFW marked group or in a tagged blog on that story (which is inherently a nsfw blog as such). This is just for the URL, not for displaying in a featured module in your user page. You can place NSFW stories in the appropriate folders of groups, however.

But again, this never means you can post NSFW art, off-site links, pictures, or videos anywhere ever on the site.

7. Excessive following can get you banned. There's no set number that constitutes "excessive" although the mods have mentioned that following one hundred people a day seems unnecessary. It's all up to the moderator's discretion.

8. Sharing accounts can also get you banned. This is subjective, although the mods have mentioned that having your account shared with fifty people seems a bit extreme. It's all up to the moderator's discretion.

9. Indiscriminate bulk-posting is generally not allowed. You're free to catalog and list things in your own group when a new share topic pops up, but showing up in basically every new group with a post plugging new content trends dangerously close to spam.

10. Stories including embedded images or videos in their description are not allowed. Embedded content in the story itself is allowed, but not in the description.

11. Participating or starting a series of chain blogs, encouraging others to post their own blogs in response is not permitted as it promotes site-wide spam. If you start a blog like this, ask that responses be in the comments, not new blogs. This limits the issue.

12. No spam. This includes chain letters, referral links, posting the same thing many times in different places, and anything that involves, or encourages other users to, re-post identical or similar content. This excludes posting information about your new story in groups that explicitly allow it.

If anyone else knows of an unofficial site rule that I missed somehow, feel free to post it in the comment section below and I will add it to the list.

Don't forget to check out all of the official site rules here: https://www.fimfiction.net/rules

And the frequently asked questions section here: https://www.fimfiction.net/faq

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1