Equestrian National Railway 14 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Ladies, Gentlemen, railway enthusiasts and foamers, bring your practical designed locomotives to this lovely thread. If you have any footage, utilize it as a reference.

As for me-The engine I'd go with is the SDJR 7F 2-8-0. Designed for heavy goods trains over rough grades (The Mendips of the Somerset and Dorset Joint Railway), this engine would fit right into the reigns, taking long goods trains to and from the Crystal Empire.

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

4792411 I've changed the name to make it a request thread, and i've stickied it, to make it an official resource for the group, I shall at some point be posting a list of standard parts that can be utilized, with sketches to go with them

I'd pick some of the following, all represented in these images by OO models:
The SR V Class

A strong runner for lines with weight restrictions, such as the line between Manehattan and Trottingham on the CMTR

CR 944 Class

A heavy passenger tank locomotive assigned 4P by the CPDCR

LBSCR H1 Class

Atlantics seemed to be in vogue in Equestria after the 4-4-0's heyday had passed

GNR C1 Class

Another Atlantic that proved popular in Equestria

LSWR 415 Class

A different locomotive that, though antiquated, survived many years and into preservation.

LBSCR E2 Class/Thomas the Tank Engine

Popular in fiction, but not in real life, this locomotive is one that many a train fan has known and loved for years

HR Jones Goods Class

A good mixed traffic example (the original fifteen were freight locomotives, but 103 has pulled both in preservation), and the first 4-6-0 in Equestria

Metropolitan Railway H Class

An unpopular wheel arrangement for passenger work. Used on lines in Ponyville and Canterlot and between the two.

NBR H Class

Weight limits imposed some Equestrian railways prior to Grouping to use the 4-4-2 as opposed to the 4-6-0. The BFCR soon replaced them with their more conventional Pacifics and Ten-wheelers afterwards.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4