Undertale 1,140 members · 160 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I was thinking about making an Amalgam Universe of Undertale and MLP. I'm wanting to hear if people will like this idea before I fully dedicate myself to the project. I am a big fan of Undertale, but I'm only using it as a base to create this universe. There will be an Underground and there will be important "Bosses", but the MLP characters will somewhat mirror the characters in Undertale.

i.e. Rainbow Dash will be Papyrus, but not as naïve (or as seemingly so), Pinkie as Sans (enough said), etc.

Again, I want the MLP characters to somewhat mirror the Undertale ones, but not outright copy them. I have ideas with the others, but want to save them for the story (No spoilers!). Rainbow Dash and Pinkie would be expected to fit these roles, but in this universe, they aren't sisters. They are strictly friends. Any Undertale relationship mirror, or anything of the sort is shattered here. I won't write any shipping, as I'll leave that up in the air, but there will still be some friendship drama that mirrors Toriel's and Asgore's relationship.

I hope that others would like to see a story like this unfold. There are other details I need to work out, but I'm interested of what you all think. Please share your comments below.

Well, I actually made a list a while back and here's what I got.

Frisk: Starlight Glimmer
Chara: Pre-Reformation Starlight Glimmer
Flowey: Chrysalis
Toriel: Celestia
Nabstablook: Moonlight Raven
Sans: Pinkie Pie
Papyrus: Applejack
Doggo: Gummy
Lesser Dog: Tank
Dogaressa: Mrs. Cake (Or Pear Butter)
Dogamy: Mr. Cake (Or Bright Macintosh)
Jerry: Trixie
Greater Dog: Winona (In heavy armor)
Shyren: Fluttershy
Knight Knight: Big Mac
Madjick: Sunset Shimmer
Monster Kid: Scootaloo
Undyne: Rainbow Dash
Aaron: Bulk Biceps
Angry Dummy: Sunshine Smiles (Because HAH!)
Gerson: Grand Pear
Random Temmies: Glitched Background Ponies
Shopkeeper Temmie: Derpy
Alphys: Twilight
Royal Guard 1: Flash Sentry
Royal Guard 2: Shining Armor
Muffet: ??? (Maybe Yona? I have no idea.)
Brattie and Cattie: Aloe and Lotus
Burgerpants: Davenport
Mettaton: Rarity
Asgore: Luna / Nightmare Moon
Asriel: Cadence
W. D. Gaster: Pony of Shadow

I do like the list, but I was thinking more of using Undertale as a base for the story. Mostly plot and setting, but have the pony characters have some of the Undertale characters traits. I will focus more on Frisk, Chara, Asriel, Toriel, Asgore, Alpyhs, Undyne, Papyrus and Sans. Like I said, they won't be total copies of the Undertale cast, but share some traits.

i.e. Pinkie will still throw parties, but won't have the enthusiasm she normally would. Rainbow Dash wouldn't put all of her faith into somepony, but would stubbornly protect others with her life.

I want to create an alternate universe for this story. I would like to do something new. I don't want to write "Undertale with ponies". I want to write "Ponies who happen to be mirroring Undertale".

I hope that may clear up any possible confusion I may have caused.

Oh, I understand. I see things similarly; this was just a leaping point from which to get more inspiration. For instance, I had bounced around the idea of the "human" being Spike, as he's the only non-pony "major character" in the series at the time. However, when I sat down and considered it, Starlight's personality fits into that role well, as she's the only villain to join the main cast, meaning her road to redemption put her closer to the Mane 6, much as Frisk gets closer to the Monsters she encounters.

I also couldn't picture the Boss Monsters as anything but Alicorns. It just makes sense. And following their personalities, Luna suits Asgore -- determined to do what she needs to do, no matter how others view her actions -- and Celestia suits Toriel -- Kind and caring, seeking the betterment of those around her and the safety of her subjects. Cadence and her position as Asriel was a little more tacked-on, though.

With a new universe comes a new approach. Consider Deltarune -- which I'm convinced is just an alternate universe where Chara never died -- and it's trick of drastically altering the layout of the world. What would be the key differences between your story and Undertale in terms of setting? Will you impose the "Monsters vs. Humans" concept that was present in the original story? If so, what is the alternate race that the Ponies are at "war" with? These are just a few questions to snowball at you and get your creative gears turning.

I actually have many different ideas about what I wanted to do, but I'm just going to write one chapter and see where that takes me.

Also, would you happen to know anyone who would be willing an editor for the story?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5