Undertale 1,140 members · 160 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Like a good captain going down with his ship, a good bartender never surrenders his bar lightly.

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Killing the source of all our worries sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't it be nice to end your day.
And no one else will fear your name.
And no one else will...

Well, I've always seen it as, the Genocide Route isn't supposed to be 11/10. It's supposed to feel unrewarding and unsatisfying. I actually love that Alphys escapes with a handful of the monsters. It makes you feel unfulfilled; you try to kill everything, but you can't even manage that, without Chara destroying everything.

Grillby's fight would be a man clinging to the vestiges of his life, like someone who refuses to move to safety in the face of a hurricane or other natural disaster. He knows he's going to die, but he's going to die on his own terms, in his own home. He'd be desperate, but also desolate; he knows how many lives the player has already taken and he knows he'll just be another notch on the belt, but he refuses to give it to you without a fight.

Perhaps he'll be hard to kill, since his body is fire, in a sense incorporeal, so the player might need to use the ACT menu to do things to kill Grillby, like dousing him in water and things like that, but it would be a one-hit kill and it wouldn't have that "slowly walking closer" thing. The player would probably do what they've mechanically done over and over: attack. It'll fail, and then they'll look into the act menu and kill Grillby on their second turn. It'd be longer than most of the other fights, even if by only one turn.

You know, I always wish that, in the Alphys NEO fight, they would've had Alphys to something no other monster considered; a suicide run. It'd fit her character: "I'm living on borrowed time anyway. Why not make my meaningless life have a purposeful death?" I always expected that, at the end of the fight, she'd reveal dramatically that she's got a bomb in her chest and goes to detonate it, but Frisk cuts off her arm and makes her drop the detonator before she can. She'd probably make a comment while dying about how she shouldn't have said anything, but Undine was a bad influence in that sense, despite all her good; that she'd never do anything as underhanded as kill someone without warning them.

This would make Alphys even more depressed, leading to the end presented in the normal run, her discovery of her determination, her body melting, and her eventual spiral into accepting her own death.

Well, you gotta admit; many of the scenes in Undertale were really overdramatic. :rainbowwild:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9