Fighting Is Magic 33 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
WickedLSDragon
Group Admin

Well, the title is pretty self explanatory.

I am an 18 year old Mescalero Apache male. I have been training in a variety of styles since I was nine. My first style was Krav Maga, then I was taught Muay Thai and Western Freestyle Kickboxing. Then I did wrestling in middle school on top of my martial training, and I got into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in the seventh grade. Then I progressed to add Judo and Aikido to my collection. A year later I acquired Wing Chun, Boxing, and Capoeira. And my most recent style arose two years ago, it is Sambo.

My father was a professional boxer, so I had that influence at a young age. I also grew up on Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, and Jet Li films, so I naturally gravitated towards martial arts when I was young.

For me, martial arts gives me control over myself, so that no one and nothing else can control me. And then I also supplement my martial training with parkour.

I actually want to become a professional fighter. It is something that I love doing and I eventually want to teach my skills and experience to others as well.

I also enjoy writing, although I suck at it. I enjoy all forms of art and I draw frequently, even though I suck.

Reading and science are two of my guilty pleasures. And I have sadly never been to any type of brony convention.:fluttercry:

My personality type is ENFP.

I also enjoy archery and historical sword fighting.

I am a huge Mortal Kombat and Dragon Ball Z fan.

My list of favorite ponies of the main six is as follows from most liked to least liked.

1)Pinkie Pie
2)Rainbow Dash
3)Twilight Sparkle

4)Fluttershy

5)Apple Jack

6)Rarity

I prefer Celestia to Luna, because her kind and caring motherly attitude is something that I never experienced from my mother throughout my life. In fact, she gave up her rights to me as a parent when I was still seventeen and I spent a month in juvenile hall because she also tried to charge me with threats of harm and threats to burn. The case was dismissed when I finally made it to court due to lack of evidence and the various mental illnesses that my mother had which included schizophrenia, anxiety, paranoia, insomnia, chronic depression, drug addiction, and bi polar disorder.

So tell me about yourselves, what do you do? Why do you do it? What got into whatever it is that you do?

4695146 well lets see I was a caterer for seven years so learning to spot a problem long before it can happen became one the best skills I gained on the job and still use today, I was always creative as a child though out side influences had the hardest of impacts on me since both my parents where divorced. I was raised by my mother and though my dad was the one to leave in this situation he didn't give up custody, though I believe he should have simply because he has never seen me nor my brothers as sons till he wanted something from us (usually free labor). Though I have made friends who where honest to a fault and over the years they became like brothers to me, I have a welders certificate as well as a culinary degree though my passion is writing I hope to one day become an animator.
Favorite pony of the main six is a tie between apple jack and pinkie pie, reason for this is because I find my self to be kindred spirits with them as pinkie is a baker and has catered parties much like I use to do, and apple jack is a hard worker and that was the foundation of my up bringing from everyone on my mothers side of the family. I prefer Luna to Celestia simply because like her I have done somethings I am not proud of and know I cannot take back, however those who know me best have often said that I have a kind, caring, and gentle heart regardless of the things I have done; and it is because of this I see the same in Luna.

one question I have for you is this, I tried to add my fanfic to your group here but it didn't seem to have any folders to add to, is that something that will change in a little while or are you going to keep it as it is?

WickedLSDragon
Group Admin

Neat, nice to meet you.

As for the folder situation, I'll fix it but I have to finish writing this one fight scene really quickly. Sorry for the inconvenience but I have a deadline.:fluttercry:

WickedLSDragon
Group Admin

Oh, come on! Just tell us about yourself. Hobbies, interests, disinterests...

WickedLSDragon
Group Admin

Yeah, but I feel that if I'm going to introduce myself, I might as well include all of the important bits. Besides, it's the tragedies that have the strongest impacts on us.:twilightsmile:

WickedLSDragon
Group Admin

Okay, it's nice to meet you sir.:twilightsmile:

I would be more than happy to help you with whatever you may need, and I am slightly addicted to Dragon Ball Super at the moment.:twilightsheepish:

But I am a busy guy as I am preparing to move and I have a number of other people that I help on this site. But I will do what I can when I can.:twilightsmile:

WickedLSDragon
Group Admin

Well, most people that I've met on his site are friendly. And from my experience, most fighters are exactly like bronies. They are kind and generous and thoughtful. But they occasionally like to punch and kick each other to show their affection.:rainbowlaugh:

WickedLSDragon
Group Admin

Well, despite the multitude of fights and matches that I've been lucky enough to land, I've only had one street fight. All of the others were against fellow gym practitioners.

Me and my two best friends were hanging out in a parking lot before school (I was in 11th grade at the time) and this group of six hoodlums comes up to pester us. They ask if we have any cigarettes or weed to give them, and are upset when we tell them that we don't smoke. So one of them that was behind me swung and hit the side of my head. I was sitting down on the curb, and I felt the impact against my ear, it stung.

I looked at them as they all ran to the other side of the parking lot. I stood up, took off my jacket and emptied my pockets, and told my two friends that I'd be right back.

I walked over to the group of six, and asked who hit me. A guy that was about my size stepped up and said that it was him. I told him "Good, since you're bitch enough to hit me when I'm not looking, let's see if you're man enough to hit me when I am." He adopted a laughable street fighter's stance, with one hand up and his other down by his hip while his feet were far too close together.

I smiled and entered my boxing stance, with my feet spread a bit further apart than the orthodox position. I advanced, and when he was in range, I threw a roundhouse right into his upper thigh, striking the nerve that runs along the outside of the leg. He immediately jumped back and said "Why you kickin'? Why you kickin'?"

I responded "Because it's a fight." And advanced after him. He tried to throw a hay maker, and I blocked by answering the phone (grabbing the back of my head so that my arm makes a defensive triangle with my elbow pointing towards my opponent's face) and closed the distance. I got him in a Muay Thai clasp, where my fingers were interlaced behind his head and neck with his forehead on my shoulder, and I proceeded to drive knees into his chest and stomach. After about three knees to the body, he tried to grab my leg. So I wrapped my right foot around his left one, and fell back, pulling him into my guard. I zombefied (wrapped up) his right arm with my left, popped up my hips and swung my left leg around and over his face, sinking in an armbar. I cranked it for about a second before he tapped and begged me to not break his arm.

Once I let him up, him and his friends all tried to be nice to me, but I told them to buck off.

WickedLSDragon
Group Admin

Well, my friend Mike specializes in authentic mideval sword fighting, and he always mops the floor with me when we use swords.

My skills are with unarmed combat, and knife fighting.:twilightsmile:

WickedLSDragon
Group Admin

Okay, folders are up. You should be able to add stories now.:twilightsmile:

WickedLSDragon
Group Admin

I started out with throwing knives in the traditional spin method, but I have since gravitated towards spear or thorne throwing. The knife doesn't spin at all, you press your finger down on the spine of the knife to control the flight.

But I'm far better at throwing tomahawks.

The farthest I've gotten with a knife is 18ft with a six inch knife, and 32ft with a fourteen inch Bowie. I've gotten my hatchets at 56 ft so far. I plan on continuing to get better once I can restock my arsenal.:facehoof:

4695887 oh it's no big deal i was just wondering at the time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20