Lyra's Library 92 members · 83 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

This thread is long overdue, so here it is.

Why do you like Lyra Heartstrings?

Personally, I like the upbeat and often crazy side of her seen in the fandom, and in the short for EQG3.

She just had a habit of sticking out compared to other background ponies in season 1. She was more expressive, in different poses, and had those great moments of jumping up and down in the back of crowds with the giant smile.

4706003 Yep I've seen those, a way for the animators to have some fun in the background, like Derpy. :derpytongue2:

She's one of my favorite background ponies, just a fun loving green unicorn who sits in a weird way on benches.

I wouldn't mind an episode exploring her daily life, or her past in Canterlot.

She's bright, expressive, has a nice design and quirky moves. I like her relationship with Bonbon/Sweetie Drops *BEST! FRIENDS!*

A combination of the story "Anthropology" and AwkwardMarina's breakout song solidified my love of Lyra. That plus Xenophilia's interpretation is just too cool, as well.

Sexy Lucy
Group Admin

4705974 She happens to be my favourite colour and she see's the superiority of the ooman race!!! Plus she looks cute in EG.

4707077 Her relationship with Bon Bon is fun to watch.

4708050 It's always interesting to see just how fans can give a background character a life of their own, so to speak, then have at least some of that life shown in the show.

Really demonstrates the creativity and influence of the fandom on the characters and the show itself.

4708101 Glad to see people are warming up to EQG.

Green is one of my favorite colors too.

I discovered the fandom through the /AiE/ threads (kind of) at a time when Lyra was the p0ne du jour. She's just sort of stuck with me ever since.

4710712 We all find different ways into the fandom, sooner or later.

Truth be told, I originally kind of liked the fandom, but hated the show. For months I felt that way, then I relented and watched an episode, been a full-time member of the fandom ever since.

I found Lyra through the jokes/memes made about her, been a fan ever since.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11