Pononimous Fan Group 15 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

on September 29, user Pononimous decided to leave FIMFiction after a year an a half. He opened the first paragraph of his final blog post declaring ''I have decided that I'm done with this community'', describing it as ''at best lame, pointless, ineffectual, useless and, at worst, downright degenerate, degrading, insulting, negative, hostile, destructive''. He added that it ''builds no real friendships, establishes no true connection with anything meaningful, fosters and promotes obscene and vile perversions of the worst sort, encourages people to be negative to the point of being suicidal and is, at the last, cruel, heartless, vicious and downright sociopathic in what it encourages and promotes.''

In the blog post, Pononimous extended his vice by stating that the Brony community was a ''den for those who, being misanthropic, socially mal-adjusted, selfish, self-centered, arrogant, insecure in the extreme [ . . . ] use the MLP-FIM franchise as a shield for what they, in their warped and twisted thinking, is a 'cold and heartless world'. In reality, it is nothing more than an Internet 'safe zone' for those who are too weak, too frail, and too mentally and emotionally fragile to deal with the real world and the people in it.''

He continued by saying that he has ''come to be embarrassed by the often gross, anti-social, judgemental, harsh and often cruel behavior of members of this community as they behave in ways which are totally unacceptable to the general community at large, conducting themselves in a way as if to demonstrate that, in their own sense of self-entitlement and presumed privilege, they would assume that this gives them permission to behave in any manner they see fit with no regard to reputation, self respect, decency, dignity or honest pride.''

His final paragraphs for the blog post read:

I have given this community more than a fair chance for almost a year and, time and again, this community has proven to me that, for the most part, those involved in it aren't worth my time or energy.

Personally I don't care what you think of this post or what you have to say about it. That doesn't matter to me. What does is getting out of and totally free of this vile den as far and as soon as I can.

I will never, ever apologize for this as I *never* apologize for what is decent, upright, honest, fair and good.

The blog post has since been deleted. If you wish, please post your thoughts on the manner below.*

*THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED TO MAKE SURE ITS COMMENTARY IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE RULES OF BOTH THE GROUP AND THE WEBSITE.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1