Write my fic for me 152 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I've had this story idea in my head for awhile, but don't think I'll ever get to it, nor have the ability to do it the justice it needs. An Equestrian Civil war set in a steampunk future that involved the main six divided.

here's the basic lore.

Fifteen years after the events of the season five, Twilight makes a scientific discovery that will change the shape of Equestria. It's called MIO (Magically Imbued Objects). This leads to Unicorns producing battery like objects that can be used to run things like simple machinery to power grids of a town or city section. Because of this new technology, other inventions are discovered and created (i.e. factories, vehicles, power tools, guns, magic altered weapons and armor)

These inventions lead Equestria into a new era of industrialism, with unicorns leading the way, riding on the backs of pegasi and earth ponies. The once semi stable class society of Equestria topples, with Unicorns acting like nobility treading freely on the worker population of the other pony races. Somewhere a spark flares up and lights the fuse for the fight of equality.

Twilight can't believe all this has started because of her own discoveries and so calls her friends to see how friendship can fix this mess, before a bloody war erupts. It is then she discovers that Applejack was actually the instigator of the fight for equality among the workers. In short time the meeting of the main six falls into shambles as Rarity sides with the unicorns and their ways, claiming that non-magical ponies couldn't understand the effort that goes into using magic, while the others side with the common pony. Twilight, despite her attempts to quell any fighting, quickly becomes lumped with the four Princesses in the eyes of the civil revolution and the war begins, with Twilight and Rarity on one side, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Pinkie Pie leading the revolution with the sole exception of Fluttershy staying neutral, refusing to help either side with any part of the war, setting up a sanctuary that both sides have agreed (albeit unspoken) is a neutral zone.

I think this could have some great possibilities, and I don't really care who writes it, as long as I'm credited with the idea of it as it's my brain child. No idea what the title should be called, but if you're interested in writing it, I'm willing to give free range of interpretation of it (with a few exceptions).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1