Jurassic Bronies 132 members · 26 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Hey, guys. This is the final thread I'm posting because I'm going to leave this group. The reason why I had to leave is because of the toxicity of the Jurassic fandom that is ruining the franchise's reputation due to different opinions, debates, arguments, and also invalid critiques towards this franchise. We have those who discriminate against dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, blinded by nostalgia by hating new ideas that even connects to the theme of the franchise and modern-day special effects, trying to make the original film 'flawless', overestimate human technology despite the devastating side effects, accuse the new directors, like Colin Trevorrow, for 'ruining the franchise', and those who regardlessly defend the haters. I'm not giving an example because I don't want to hurt people's feelings; however, that doesn't mean I'm letting people use subjective opinions, I'm not attacking them, I'm actually correcting their mistakes and invalid criticism, while it's okay to hate a movie. However, some are accusing me of attacking them for their opinions because of how I'm correcting their mistakes. Let me clarify. What would happen if most people trust conspiracy theorists that George W. Bush is the one responsible for the 9/11 attacks, then a bombing struck the White House, killing everyone inside, including the president and vice president? It would result in triggering a civil war in the United States followed by World War III. This is the same thing that happened during the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995 due to misunderstanding towards the US Government, as I watched a documentary about it during English class. I'm using that as an example that half of the fans of the franchise are being misinformed when reviewing the series. I can't handle this, I have to quit this group, and even if I watch the series, I won't give any spoiler reviews when I post a blog.

Goodbye, everyone.

I, for one, am not a toxic fan as I like the new movies.

Whether or not one is a toxic fan has nothing to do with which movies you like or what your stances on them are. It's about how you act and how you respond to differing opinions.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4