Jurassic Bronies 132 members · 26 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hey, guys. In the Nostalgia Critic review of The Lost World, he accused Nick of stealing all the hunters' ammunition, especially Roland's bullets, for no reason. However, what he forgot is not only that Nick didn't steal every ammunition ten seconds flat without anyone noticing somehow, but what he forgot is that even if Nick didn't steal Roland's bullets, this would be a big game hunter's fatal mistake.

Before I would make an answer why, let me explain Roland's gun. The gun he had was a Nitro Express Double Barrel Rifle which is favored for African professional hunters as the two barrels that would allow for a quick follow-up shot on animals, including elephants, without having to reload, and was equipped with a .600 Nitro Express designed to kill larger animals, such as elephants, and was able to destroy thick skin. And now with the skull of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. The thickness of the skull is 40 inches, and was designed to resist other bites from other T-Rexes. And since Roland is aiming for the head, it would've kill the T-Rex, sure, but there is one problem. Not only that he's aiming for the female by mistake, but the noise of the rifle would startle all the hunters and the Buck T-Rex right next to it. When Roland fired his rifle right into the head of the female, killing her instantly, the startled Buck T-Rex would saw his fallen mate, and his vengeance lead him to charge towards Roland, who is struggling to reload (if he had spare ammunition in his pocket just in case), which is where he meets the jaws of his current victim. So basically, Nick Van Owen stole his bullets to 'save his life', and he knew killing one of the family members of an alpha predator would be a mistake. Sure, the hunters had their guns, but their rifles aren't designed against large animals with thick skin.

So Doug Walker, maybe you shouldn't blame the protagonists for their actions because you're letting the villains achieving their goals of transporting the dinosaurs to a city filled with millions of people, and destroying one of the T-Rex family members that would result in consequences. Although, I find him hypocritical for him treating dinosaurs like monsters that always unrealistically kill everything they see even though it wasn't the case, yet you wanted the villains to put the dinosaurs at a zoo in San Diego and falsely accused the protagonists, especially Ian because of his 'speech patterns', for 'dooming everyone on the island', ignoring the fact that if the hunters hadn't touched Junior, it wouldn't be much of a predicament, and ignoring the fact it was Nick who also caused the problems. I don't understand. Why does he want to let the villains put the dinosaurs in a city filled with millions of people, even though he treated them as monsters than just animals, and ignores that this what happened if they do at the end of the movie? Is Doug Walker a sadist?

Anyway. What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments down below.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1