Steven Universe 451 members · 47 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Hey there, guys. I've recently been having this idea, but what if Ponies could fuse in the same way as Gems from Steven Universe, but possibly with magic?

What combinations do you think they would have based on personalities, appearances, height, abilities, and cutie marks, as well as even voices.

An example could be Princess Dusk Dawn, which is a fusion of both Princess Celestia and Luna. Their personalities would combine, along with their appearances, like coat and mane color and mane style.

Their height would possibly be slightly taller and their abilities would combine and be more powerful than before, being able to move both the sun and moon at the same time in a similar way to how Twilight did it in Twilight's Kingdom when she had the combined magic of all four alicorns.

Their cutie mark would be a combination of both the sun and the moon as well and their voices would also be a combination.

Anyway, what do you guys think and what combinations would you like to see with the other ponies and why?

I've been thinking about the same thing for my stories.
I would love to see more.
:twilightsmile:

See the real issue with fusions is that's their supposed to embody the relationship between the people involved. The reason Garnet is cool and collected is because Ruby and Saphire balance each other out and fill in each other's blind spots. The reason Sugilite is such a brute is because Ruby and Amathyst enable each other's worst tendencies.

So how would you personify the relationship between Celestia and Luna (or any characters for that matter)? What would such a fusion be like?

Well, Dusk Dawn would be the almighty ruler of Equestria since she's a fusion between Celestia and Luna. Their relationship that would keep the fusion together would be that of a very strong sibling relationship, albeit with a few struggles here and there. If any of the Mane Six had to fuse, their relationship would be that of a very strong platonic relationship of friendship, though Rainbow and Applejack's fusion would be a bit unstable when their personalities literally combine.

I would personify Dusk Dawn by giving her both Celestia and Luna's playfulness and socially awkwardness combined while also giving her their usually calm and serious yet still nurturing and wise personality as well. Their weaknesses and limitations would also combine as well.

Also, unlike the fusions in Steven Universe, the fusions in my MLP: FIM idea would be temporary and only last for so long. They would be used as a last resort just in case something or someone too powerful goes against them without the Elements. This is one of the limitations that I've thought of so as to not make the fusions too overpowered.

What do you think?

It makes sense, but what about abilities and how will they cope when they first fuse?

Like Steven Universe fusions, the components' abilities, strengths, and weaknesses will combine into a stronger, yet still flawed, single entity. They would usually be very surprised and try to cooperate with each other in order to keep the fusion going, with varying degrees of success.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7