N.E.R.D. 26 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
jidbrony
Group Admin

So, here's a debate I think that's worth having

What do you think is better, a piece of entertainment that is one man/woman's vision or a more of a collaborative effort with many people working on the same project.

So what are the pro's con's and just things in general.

Honestly I'm going to go for the cop out answer and say...It really all depends

Sometimes one man or woman's creation can make something unique visionary never scene, we've seen this in films such as Jaws, Original Star Wars, Titanic, The French Version of Beauty and the Beast...etc....However sometimes I can go horribly especially of that creator is way over his head and just doesn't have the same zest he had. Like Star Trek the motion picture, or The Star Wars Prequels

On the other hand we've seen collaborative efforts do well as well, especially on Television, MLP is a good example where no one person after Lauren Faust left has take the full reigns. Or heck even the Marvel Cinematic Universe.Sure we have the show runner but they are more first among equals than they are the driving force. Of course to much rule by committee and we get cookie cutter movie like every Doctor Suess film that's all about the Charts than actually making art.

So what are you opinions of Collaborative art making vs Creative vision.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1