Tree Hugger 230 members · 49 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I've recently thought up a Tree Hugger one shot but...I need help. Could someone help me in explaining how Tree Hugger's personality works? Like, how should she be written. Any tips will help!

From what I could tell, she's a very calm individual, and rather spritual as well.

She also has a close bond with nature, of course, and is good at soothing others (though not as great with ponies who don't get along with her personality in the first place).

She can also be a little forgetful and scatterbrained. Some have taken all this as her being a stoner. I personally don't agree with that, but if you do decide to take that route do it for the right reasons. For instance, having it as a sort of "inspiration" that helps her connect with wildlife, or as part of her meditation technique.

But that's my two cents.

I tend to write tree hugger as having aura vision (see here for references) due to her reference to Chakras, and being mostly blind otherwise due to my own headcanon. Tree Hugger as portrayed on the show is, unfortunately, a victim of One Note Remembrance; they didn't have time to flesh her out much, so she's mostly a typical new age hippie. That said, she never forced her belief on others, she was unfailingly polite, she wanted to wait to forgive Discord until she calmed down--this implies that she is very accepting and tolerant, though not to the point of submissiveness.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3