The History 221 members · 161 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Julia
Group Admin

Surely these two Eras (both of which I have lived and/or live in) mark the true take off of FiMFiction's Population and its Social approach. With RP being banned early in the year, it dropped the nuke which led most to scatter or be banned under the new law. Those who stayed refrained mostly from doing it or did it through other means.

When RP was banned, surely it would be logical to assume more stories were being written and published, correct? I'd say that it is so, though I was not here in the Era of '14 until near to mid-October. I had no idea of the ban on RP until November (I surprisingly have no recollection of anything which had happened in that month besides my production of "Stuff it in the Cornucopia, which was cancelled) or December of '14.

I created the Harmonists Group, which I say was a fairly huge move in my life on this site, as it certainly has helped me a lot in my own personal opinion, and though it was created to help others, it helped me to a great extent as well. Even though I do not run it officially anymore, I still come to the group to lurk or check in with everyone. It is certainly a masterpiece of mine on FiMFiction. It is loaded with history as well.

Most of our site's history is born from the groups made here, as you can see, and timing is key to making history, of course. So, with the groups I had joined and/or contributed to, I have gotten to see and experience a lot of the site's history right before my virtual eyes.

Now, onto the Era of '15. I have a question and a statement... I can either say:

Have this many people joined the site in 2015 since... ever?

or

This many people have not joined FiMFiction all at once in a very long time.

This site's history has been loaded with great events, most of which have to do with the sight becoming more social and more groups being made to complement that. If I were to choose something....one thing.... to speak to you about, it would be the bright hope shining in FiMFiction's future. I have never seen an online community so close and connected in all my years of my sage-like wandering of the Internet's vast world. I've certainly made a name for myself here, and I'll continue to do so, and many others are as well.

I want to name an example; Unideal, a user who has only been here since very late April, the 18th I believe, has already written four stories, all of which are extremely popular, and by that has already gotten nearly one hundred followers. I see users with 20 stories barely scratching the surface of fifty. Unideal joined in the Era of '15, the other user just barely surviving joined earlier.

It was right to suppose FiMFiction is a booming business place, and with more people means more business. Timing is key, activity is key. This new era screams for the support of those who have joined. More and more people join every day, and a average of 1000-2000 users log in every single day. With millions of hits every day, this site has reached a great and prosperous time.

Now, coming back to compare FiMFiction to America, I'd day we're currently in the Roarin' 20s. That's great!... Right?...

At the end of the twenties was the Depression... so, I'll let you decide. What is to become of FiMFiction in the Era of '15?

Julia
Group Admin

bump

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2