The oc Bookshelf!! 21 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Do people like smart OCs?

Hi there!

I don't mean this in a rude way, but I think you're asking the wrong question. Essentially, you're asking "Do people like vegetables?" Well... what kind of vegetables? Are they grilled? Do they have any seasoning on them? Is there anything else on the plate or are you handing me a squash?

Neither a person nor a character can be truly boiled down in one broad word—and if they can, then that's a bit of a red flag. If the OC is solely a caricature of someone's definition of "smart" and nothing else, then no. I will not enjoy reading about that character because they aren't one. Without depth, there's no sand to wiggle your toes into and enjoy.

If you're looking for feedback on whether or not your OC is likable, then I think the first step is deciding what you like about your OC and deciding if other people can relate to that and will like that, too. :twilightsmile:

Dance Cloud
Group Admin

Ello!
A smart oc is a sort of... 'vague' category. I don't really know HOW to explain it.. But geeks, nerds, talented, etc. is more of what you need in your oc or whichever character you want that's "smart".

If you mean by someone who is in the nerd side, I in my opinion love those sort of oc's. I see them as someone intelligent in the mind but is a bit too shy to express it. But in either ways, point being.... Try to be a bit more specific! ^^

An OC that doesn't make stupid mistakes or think stupid things. An OC that can figure things out quickly, and often chooses the best possible option in any scenario, or whatever seems to be the best possible answer. Not the Smart!Harry "He's god and he knows all" kind of thing, just an intelligent and skilled OC.

I ask because, at the time, most OCs I saw were either average or dumb, when it came to intelligence.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4