Dogs: Man's Best Friend 63 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Dancewithknives
Group Admin

As you may know from me, i have a dog that's not only 2 years old, but a month ago I started having weird thoughts of his inevitable passing. He's no sick and i understand freak circumstances can happen, but i cant think of why I this is happening.

Ive read up that this isn't necessarily an uncommon thing, so anyone else feel the same?

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Honestly, yes though not with a dog. My old cat before he died I had the nagging feeling in the back of my mind that he wasn't going to live to see the new year. He was also pretty old, and starting to act his age.

I feel ya man. I've had my best friend so to say pass away a few years ago. But way before that, I was always worried about her bad leg. It turned out she had cancer in that leg and the blood flow began to slowly stop circulating throughout her system. her fur becoming brittle and hard like a pine cone. But instead of staying with her till she died, I had a friend take her to be put down. It's not that I didn't want too see her anymore, it was because I loved her as much as life. She was in so much pain that it pained me more to let her live then letting her go. I got to hug her before she was taken to be euthanized. She was cremated with other dogs and berried in filed of beautiful lilacs. And the funny thing is that I had recently learned that she was abandoned about a mile away from where she was berried at. Her name was Sadie, and lived with me for 10/13 of her life happy and always was their for me. When I was in the dark, she would bring the box of batteries with a flashlight. But in the end, she is still alive with me in my memories.

So what I have to say is yes, be fearful for his well being, but balance it with the good and happy life you and your dog should have. When your dog meets it's time, make damn sure you made the right choices for that dog, weather it'll be to give a a walk or play with it more, do it. Because those little and happy memories and choices will effect how he will live forever in your memories. I kid you not, the littlest things can make the biggest differences in your life. Even though I knew she was sick, I didn't care at the time because I wanted to live and be happy with my dog for the time I had with her. Anyway, I've been poetic enough for the day, so I'll hit the hay now. Hope this helps you with you stress and fears about your dog.

-Grave Walker

Dancewithknives
Group Admin

5064909 Thanks, that helped with some clarity.

Glad I could help. It's just my nature to lend out a hand. Hope you can deal with your fears and live happy with your dog. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5