Dogs: Man's Best Friend 63 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Dancewithknives
Group Admin

With the mind of a Bloodhound and the body of a dachshund this is probably the most bizzare of the normal looking dogs I've done so far.

Dogs 101:

Now, I'm not a scientist, but I would venture to say that because of the long body and short legs, the Basset was bred to have the body and general shape of the Dachshund, which in itself was also a dog bred for hunting. the difference with these two is that the Basset is hunting poor defenseless rabbits while the dachshund is hunting big badass motherfucking badgers on their own turf. Although the Basset is much heaver and thicker than the dachshund, I would say that the Dachshund is more H.A.M. in comparison to the luxury of the Basset.

Trivia:

The Basset has 4 times as many scent receptors in its nose as the average human.

In my Bloodhound post, I mistakenly said that the Pioneer woman had a Bloodhound, she actually owns two bassets.

Basset hounds are social hunting dogs.

Although known for endurance, the Basset is lazy as fuck.

Dancewithknives
Group Admin

Correction! The basset came first, not the dachshund. The dachshund is still HAM, though.

I love bassets! :twilightsheepish: They are so sweet and full of happiness.:heart:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3