Harmonists' Archive 346 members · 1,249 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Julia
Group Admin

i wake up to find myself in another summertime open world dream, but this time it is a post apocalyptic world in which some have been chosen to carry on moat life in these Elysium type of settings.

It first is night, three months before the time which i came to within the dream. I am with my father, making 3D models for a video game with him, and not enjoying it as we are not bonding. that is all i clearly remember.

Fastforward to a night three months in the future, and i've given up on my father to move back in with my mother, who is waiting outside for me. I'm taking with me all my art in a single bag, and i begin to worry for my mother as we are in the violent Afro-centric ghettos of this Elysium. All the boys outside are rioting and i feel like a flipping idiot for leaving my mother alone out there.

I quickly leave as my father sits in the middle of his dining room and sulks silently (or perhaps i just don't remember him saying anything)

I get to my mother's car and a 90s style rap song comes on the radio, many black men, young, old, middle aged, all crowd into the streets, making driving impossible.

I'm screaming curses at them, despite being the exact same ethnicity, in a fairly vulgar way. I'm too afraid to put down any of what i said, and wonder how even dream me is able to scream curses like these in front of his own mother.

I look down and I'm holding in my lap a black book, which goes away after i turn from it.

The book? None other than the Death Note.

Then, morning comes and i wake up in my bed to prepare to meet with my friend for the weekend. I leave the house in somewhat of a very happy and delighted mood.

I am telepathically communicating with my friend while simultaneously trying to find him and his girl friend.

So many trees block the sky, that when i finally saw the blue and the clouds strolling by, i had to stop for a couple of seconds to bask in its beauty.

I continue walking down through a seemingly regular neighborhood road, inactive with no cars or people, as these are the outskirts of the Elysium slowly being repaired for people to live within. The trees are much smaller, and most of it seems to be done, leaving just the roads and finding population to live here.

While telepathically speaking to my friend's GF in some sort of a joint call, I hear her mention this: "yeah, i'm sorry i got kinda carried away with the statues"

Around most of the construction i see in this area, i find these gigantic golden statues of women sitting in a meditative state with their legs crossed. i am afraid to touch them as now i am surrounded by massive object and am praying that none of them fall on me.

I wonder how she can see where i am, as our telepathic communicators are not that advanced yet, as if they were, i'd have no trouble finding them.

i begin to get scared at this point, and i ask my friend where he and his girlfriend are, as my solitude in the dead neighborhood and being surrounded by nothing by these construction vehicles and statues of female buddhas is starting to mess with my head.

my friend replies nothing, but his girlfriend begins laughing.

i shout at them, "This isn't funny! I'm going to find you guys!"

I try to play it off as one of their games, and some sort of supernatural signal brings me to an area where the construction and statues have stopped, all that's left is a statue laying on its side and facing south west. I am now in a cal de sac (how ever you spell it) and next to it is a vast emptiness half green half dead, with an apartment building there.

"Where are you?!" I cry out. "Not in THERE!"

No answer. Just more laughing. Now from the both of them.

Suddenly, I hear his voice and it lightens me up from my paranoia,

"Come and find us!"

I sprint into the backyard of the apartment complex, with no regards to my safety or anyone's property.

I hear an Irishman screaming at me from his window, and running through this maze of houses and smaller apartment buildings, i see him and a few others of European decent chasing me, British, Spanish, French, Scottish, Welsh. I don't even know how i can tell anymore. I change my mind from trying to find my friend and now to a mindset that only wants to survive and not be seen by these people.

i am overcome by fear as i trick the European men and find some way to knock them all out using my surroundings, but i run into a fat Caucasian male with a strong Cockney accent. He only says one phrase,

"Ain't none round here that (cannot understand what he says here) are immortals."

I run away from him, but he is like slenderman, seemingly teleporting to me... closer and closer each time he does

I come to a dead end, corner by rotting and weak wood and the only thing to defend myself with is a spoon.

"Mama's boys always bite the spoons, don't they?!" I shout at him as i throw the spoon, but it proves fruitless.

He says the phrase again. "Ain't none round here that (cannot understand what he says here) are immortals."

I punch him in the face and then break through the wood to run home.
___
When I wake up IRL in total darkness, covered in sweat, i look to the wall before me to see my Marylin Monroe drawing, her face twisted and mangled, taking many forms before returning to her regular face....

and that was my "nightmare".

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1