Species of Equestria 421 members · 593 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
Toratchi888
Group Admin

Like with the various "Library" groups on Fimfiction, I'd like to implement (or create an implement :trollestia:) for me (or future Story Reviewers) some kind of unique sticker, ribbon, or other item that the Story Reviewer can grant to an author once their story has been settled into the right folder(s); something the Story Reviewer can PM the author, submit in the comments, and something the author can add into their story description to promote Species.

Anyone known an artist (probably a digital artist) who could create something unique for the group? [I don't presume any of the group mods would be willing or able to pay for it.]

Maybe something with the best-known representatives of the common species - the Main Six (or even the Alternate Main Six), Spike, the Princesses, Zecora, Discord, Chrysalis...

Edit: In tandem with the types of ponies to be featured on the special item, would you like to have a motto for the group?
Like, Species of Equestria: Wild and Free

4020160 why not use a vanilla symbol of animals, like a pawprint?

Also, there are reviewers?

Toratchi888
Group Admin

4020174 A vanilla symbol might work; I'd like to encourage members to give input on what kind of symbol they would like, since it's going to go on their story. And I'd like to give an artist a chance to be creative and promote themselves.

I'm the "Story Reviewer", meaning I check all incoming stories to ensure they are in the proper folders: 1-2 folders max per story, and based on the species of the main character(s).

I said "the sticker is for me" as Story Reviewer, but really, I want to give a badge to people so that they know I've looked at their story. [At this point, I'm doing lots of PMs when I have questions about characters; getting the badge lets them know their story will be found in the right place.]
Plus it'll help authors cross-promote the group with their stories.

Toratchi888
Group Admin

4020443 I have little in the way of a concrete idea for things; this is basically an open brainstorm. I said "digital art" since I figured the other Approval Ribbons were done digitally; I did not mean to imply digital-only.

I figured something not larger than the other Approval Ribbons, simple background, something with a variety of ponies on it--the Alternate Main Six, Spike, the Princesses, Zecora, Discord, Chrysalis--maybe the words "Species of Equestria" above, some kind of motto beneath.

P.S. This is, of course, subject to Estrella Essentia's approv--Wait a second! She's not here this week! I can ram through anything I want! AHAHAHA--
:twilightangry2:
...never mind.

Toratchi888
Group Admin

(Re-posted): In tandem with the types of ponies to be featured on the special item, would you like to have a motto for the group?
Like, Species of Equestria: Wild and Free

EstrellaEssentia
Group Admin

4020160 Done:

and done:

ShadowblazeCR
Group Contributor
Toratchi888
Group Admin

4020975 ...WELL THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY!
I like it! :pinkiehappy:

EstrellaEssentia
Group Admin

I got to it first! :derpytongue2: Just kidding, I'm not that mean, I just could not contain my creativity :twilightsmile:

EstrellaEssentia
Group Admin

I will change to icon and banner soon....
Thanks!

EstrellaEssentia
Group Admin

4021259 I am, but I could not resist.... :raritywink:

Toratchi888
Group Admin

She has to keep an eye on me, since I have ALL the admin power!
A, mu, ha, ha...

Toratchi888
Group Admin

4020975 Now, how to give the gift of my approval (:moustache:) to the many ponies...
Mainly,
A) Posting the Story Approval icon into the story comments, and
B) Letting the authors post the Species Icon into their description.

EstrellaEssentia
Group Admin

4021413 If you want, I can make the icon smaller for convenience?

Toratchi888
Group Admin

4021431 I'm not too worried about the size; those sizes are pretty much what I imagined.
Basically, I want to ensure I know where the URL is going to, so I can link properly to anything I send as a message.
While I'm thinking about it, I can't get to your deviantArt through your username; you know, you hover over your name, and the info-box pops up with links to various external sites...?

Toratchi888
Group Admin
Toratchi888
Group Admin

4021497 All right! I shall, from here on, deliver Sticker A (Story Approval) into the comments of stories that have been sorted and confirmed by me.
I shall deliver Sticker B (Species United) via PM to the author--along with their approved story list--and let them know where to find the sticker for use in an approved story's description.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23