Species of Equestria 421 members · 593 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Toratchi888
Group Admin

Greetings, all. I am Tora, and I review all submitted stories to ensure they are in the best folder, based on the species of a story's main character/s.

If you are unsure of which folders are most appropriate, you may submit to the Other folder (unless I revoke this for some reason) and I will PM you with a recommendation.

Any species that is either fantastical--by common-Equestrian-species standards--or not yet represented enough to have its own folder may go into Other. (E.g. As of 2014-12-25 we have no Deer or Sheep stories; they would go into Other.)

Regarding Hybrids: I consider creatures such as Manticores and Chimeras NOT to be hybrids themselves; they are species with defined characteristics in-universe. Similarly with griffins/griffons and the draconequus (e.g. Discord).
A Hybrid, to me, is an "unnatural" or "unusual" offspring of two well-defined species. E.g. A Changeling-Pony crossbreed.
*Since mules and hinnies are horse-donkey cross breeds, yes they are Hybrids.

Please do not reply to this particular post; you may post and/or reply below in this thread.

Toratchi888
Group Admin

If you have questions regarding species and the best folder for your story, please reply to this post, and NOT the one above.
Thank you kindly. :twilightsmile:

Question about my main character that is a human turned pegasus. Would that go in pegasus, or other, or would that story not be for this group?

Toratchi888
Group Admin

4174033 Hmm. That is a good question.
I would suggest, and allow, it under both Pegasi AND Other.
We don't have a Human or Anthro folder yet.
I will keep that in mind for future stories; this might be the start of a new folder system.

4174190 Does this mean that a story where an important characte have such a transformation can qualify for both types?

Toratchi888
Group Admin

I'm taking these questions on a case-by-case basis.
I review the story and work with the author to find the best folder.
I'm going to start a thread on "Transformations" to address this topic.

4187132 Sometime it is the most sensible thing to do.

Just preferable to have asclear as possible rules.

The change is at the heart of Transformation. I am looking forwards to see where this goes.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8