Equestrian Scale Modelers Society 51 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Hi every on sodor here i thought i would begin a thread to showcase my modelling projects an layouts and without further adieu i present to you East street station and west street yard. Set from 1940-s to late 1970-s

this is my fleet,left to right
Hornby dublo class 20 D8001 WIP
triand 3F new tender heavily weathered
triang 7MT Britannia 70000
Littleton colliery no.7 Wimblebury
Daplo city of Truro
Trix A3 on a hornby chassis
triang 3F Jinty
Hornby railways Ivatt 2Mt
Hornby Dublo R1

Next up is West street yard and signal box.

west street yard

West street Box

The corner of the actual West street with the chip shop and beginnings of the war memorial i am also incredibly pleased with the allotment with the scale vegetables.

next up is East street station with the defunct East street Gas works in the back ground also to note my beloved tinplate rake is standing in the platform.

lastly for fun heres some shots of the locos in action

the ivatt on the shed road

the class 20 headding a train of bogie waggons

Britannia heading a rake of MK1s

finialy the jinty rescuing the 3f with a ancient hornby dublo crane.

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

5325526 looking very good

5325644 thanks Nova honestly you give me a lot of inspiration on what to do with the layout.

Update!

to break up the Roundy roundeyness ? of the layout i have begun to build a embankment and a few bridges to act as a scenic break.

the bridges across the yard throat and platforms.

as a bonus i present Queen and Country.

my first LMS Express loco meets its standard class variant at west street yard.

Hello everybody, sorry the updates haven't been regular but my life has been somewhat hectic since I've been changing schools but work on the layout has continued nevertheless. the bulk of the work has been on scenery with the beginnings of east street suburbs and the layout has seen the addition of two new locos and the footings of a mill complex and its own internal system, pictures speak louder than words so here they are.

East street terrace and the local shop.

The revamped station and bridge.
And the mill with its internal system.

Finally the two new locos both of which will staff the mill.

An eastern interloper in the form of a repainted mainline J72
And a more traditional private shunter a Hawthorn Leslie saddle tank built upon a Tyco mechanism, this engine is set to become Asbestos based just down the road from me at Chasewater light railway.

http://www.preserved-railways.co.uk/gallery/Chasewater%20Railway/Chasewater%20Railway%20Page%203/38938_%20-%20No%204%200-4-0ST%20(Asbestos)Works%20No%202780%20at%20Chasetown%20Church%20Street%20Terminus%20Chasewater%20Railway%2017-07-2011.jpg

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5