Equestrian Scale Modelers Society 51 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

If you can choose any starter set to start your railroad empire, what would it be?

Mine would be this.

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

4591801 That is a tough one, really. There WAS a Bachmann set a few years ago that had an FEF Northern (Not 844) and 13 cars, plus caboose. That would probably be mine.

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

this:

Because E-link + Railmaster is a brilliant computer control system, and one that i shall be using when i start to build my layout

I may even get the set and do a review, 'cause Pep' A1 (although "Bonnie" there would be going into LNER livery when i got the chance)

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

4591999 Did tornado go as Bon Accord for a while, then? ALso, I don't see a brake van. are you phasing them out?

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

4592022 they were phased out in the 70s, and no, Tornado didn't masquerade as Bon Accord, that's just Hornby utilizing their Tornado moldings to their advantage.

Personally i hope they start releasing more members of Peppercorns A1s in the railroad range

4591801 Bachmann N 24009 Empire Builder Set with E-Z Track, Santa Fe I actually bought this set a few years ago, and It was a very pleasant surprise for the price tag. You get a nice variety of rolling stock, a decent loop of track, plenty of scenery accessories, and a 4-8-4 northern that looks just as good pulling freight as it will hauling any passenger coaches you buy afterwards.

Is that Overland Limited train set?

Yep, you get a lot for your money. :pinkiehappy:

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

4592605 I think so. HO scale.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9