Grades: 3% Max (or as steep as needed0
Min. Radius: 12"
Size: 6' by 4' 6"
Control: Conventional
Benchwork: Open Grid
Track: Flextrack/Atlas sectional track where needed
Switches: Atlas snap-switches with Caboose Industries ground throws
All equipment will be the re-issued AHM Minitrains
Rolling stock: V-skips, box dumps, flatcars, small crane for maint.
Locos: 1920's-Late 1940's 0-4-0 Porter (2)
Late 1940's-present Plymouth diesel (2)
Wiring: 4 electrical blocks: Upper level, Lower level (pit), Engine House tracks 1 & 2
Train length: 3-4 cars loaded, 4-6 cars empty
Scenery: some shrubs and small trees, dirt roads

It can be built as a stand alone layout or module, or incorporated as an industry in a standard gauge layout
Can handle 2 operators, 1 working the pit, the other the upper level, which includes the crusher and the transfer yard
Tab-on-car operation, with possibility of "live loads" of sifted limestone screenings
I'll post a picture of the track plan as soon as I can scan it into the computer, or build it in 3D Railroad Concept and Design

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

3829205 noyce :rainbowkiss:

but seriously, Can't wait to see a track plan

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

3829229 Thanks. I'm planning on building it some day. I've even included an option for future expansion to other pits.

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

3829232 my layout is going to have the option for the station section to be removed, and i'm going to construct a second fiddle yard to go with it for exhibtions

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

3829240 Modular layouts/sections of layouts are always nice.

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

3829240 Well, I've got it scanned in. Just one problem: I scanned it in upside down, plus the writing is too faint to read. I'll re scan it after I finish re-drawing it.

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

Still no progress on the track plan. I need to redraw it on some graph paper and color it. When that is done, I'll scan it in and post it.

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

3829240 I just came to an idea. I can make the layout "flexi-scale"!
Here are the revised details:

Era: 1920-present
Gauge: HOn2.5/N
Style: Freelanced
Locale: To be determined
Grades: 3% Max (or as steep as needed) (Loco must ALWAYS be on lower end of train)
Min. Radius: 12"
Size: 6' by 4' 6" (might be smaller, I need to acquire track to mock up the plan)
Control: Conventional
Benchwork: Open Grid
Track: Flextrack/Atlas sectional track where needed
Switches: Atlas snap-switches with Caboose Industries ground throws
Equipment:
HOn2.5:
All equipment will be the re-issued AHM Minitrains
Rolling stock: V-skips, box dumps, flatcars, small crane for maint.
Locos: 1920's-Late 1940's 0-4-0 Porter (2)
Late 1940's-present Plymouth diesel (2)
Train length: 4-5 loads up from the pit, 6-8 empties
N:
Rolling stock: Ore Jennys, ballast hoppers, coal hoppers, gondolas, flatcars, caboose, and a crane for maint.
Locos:1920's-Late 1940's: Shay, Heisler or Climax (2, or a combination of two of the three types)
1940's-present: ALCO S2 or Baldwin VO-series (2 or one of each)
Train Length: 6-8 loads, 8-10 cars empty
Wiring: 4 electrical blocks: Upper level, Lower level (pit), Engine House tracks 1 & 2
Scenery: some shrubs and small trees, dirt roads

It can be built as a stand alone layout or module, or incorporated as an industry in a standard gauge layout
Can handle 2 operators, 1 working the pit, the other the upper level, which includes the crusher and the transfer yard
Tab-on-car operation, with possibility of "live loads" of sifted limestone screenings

Also, did you get your Shay?

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

4445794 No, i didn't, i'll have to look for one next year

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

UPDATE

In light of Bachmann's announcement that they will be releasing HOn2.5 models of the Narrow Gauge Engines from the Railway Series, I have decided to change the name to Sodor Sand and Gravel. I will also be adding a pair of removable loops at either end so I can run a train continuously at shows, while working the pit and switchback.

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

4595910 don't forget Bachmann Branchline is releasing some WW1 era Baldwin 2ft locomotives (which fearless freddie is the basis of If i'm not mistaken)

they will also be releasing some wagons to match

there's also a company called Peco which is releasing some OO9 wagons and coaches

and Heljan is releasing a Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Tank Engine in collaboration with Peco

and if you want to have a really good name for the layout, give it a Welsh sounding name (As the Rev.Audrey did)

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

4597450 OO9 is narrow gauge, right?

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

I'm thinking of making a bit of a change to Sodors railways. What if the Skarloey Railway and the Arlesdale Railway built tracks towards each other, so they could interchange goods and passengers? That way, they could also serve industries and quarries that have no rail access. I'm thinking of a branch off of the loop where Lakeside Station is, that continues to Kirk Machan. The Arlesdale Railway built tracks towards Kirk Machan, where they both met up with the Culdee Fell and the Skarloey Railway. That way I can have an excuse to use Rex, Mike, Bert, or the other Arlesdale Railway locos on the quarry, making it a joint service industry.

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

4597583 yep, OO9 is to HOn2.5 what OO is to HO.

It stands for OO scale on 9mm gauge track (which is the same gauge as N gauge)

and i don't think you could, the Arlesdale railway uses 15 inch gauge, you'd have to use Z gauge track (OOz?)

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

4597603 wait, I thought they were the same gauge because Peter Sam and Sir Handle came from the Arlesdale's predecessor railroad, same with Duke.

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

4597679 No, the arlesdale is inspired by the romney hythe and dymchurch railway, a 15 inch gauge railway, the mid sodor and Skarloey railways are inspired by the Talyllyn Railway, a 2ft gauge line, and one of the few to actually use the buffer and chain system

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

4597880 did they regauge the railroad when it was reopened, then?
from my skimming of "The Island of Sodor: Its People, History and Railways" I didn't come across mention of Stuart and Falcon being regauged.

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

4597891 Hmm, it might have been regauged from 2ft to 15 inches just before the arlesdale was opened

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

4597891 A good name would be something like Llan-Y-Bwyll (Hlan Ee Bwilth ).

however, i have stumbled across this
http://www.namegenerator.biz/place-name-generator.php

just copy a town name that it generates into Google translate, seperate it into it's constituent words and translate into Welsh

Blackpine = Pinwydd-Du (Pin-uu-ith Doo)
Milllake = Llyn-y-Felin (Hlin ee Fell-in)
Strongmarble = Marmor-Cryf (Mar-mor-cruef)

go ahead, make an interesting name, I'll be doing the same for my layout

There's been a lot of talk about roles, so I'll toss mine in. Wraith fills a lot of roles rather than specializing in one. Need something they'd? Done. Need someone above-average in a firefight? Done. Need a back-up face? Done. Need something climbed? Done. Need something climbed and then need to Face past the secretary and then need a safe cracker and then need to shoot past the guards? Fragging DONE. malwarebytes premium key To all you newbies: Shadowrun is all about atmosphere. It's not about smooth and easy mechanics, amirite? I mean, if we wanted quick char gen and gameplay without the need to roll TWO fistfuls of d6's, then we'd all play Interface Zero 2.0, out now by Savage Worlds! ...*awkward silence*... Where was I? Oh! Right! Atmosphere. So, yeah, I've found that this site has the BEST compilation of shadow speak that I've ever found. Read it when ya get a chance 'cause I don't wanna suggest that we Ace of Spades the Bithead with Cement Poisoning and have your monocle popping going mountain lion download dmg"I say, wut's all this 'big head' and 'summer' nonsense. by Jove!" @DragonCat. Go ahead and make a decker. The best way to learn a system is to grab an angle and attack it. Maybe you won't know the most about Combat-cyber or Resisting Drain when you cast a spell, but just give the book a decent read and use Chummer to make your character and you'll be fine. =) Filehippo WhatsApp Also! A word on backstories. Sometimes they don't mean much. We've all whipped up a character, said they were an adventurous man in his mid-thirties who was the smith's apprentice from Flowermill and is now offering to start a rebellion. But. I can say without hubris that I have been called a passable writer of stories, and I consider Wraith's backstory to be my Magnum Opus. And she's more fun because of it. Android Fastboot reset tool v1.2 Also also, for that reason, if I'm picked, you can probably count on getting a message from a certain Lord Borak the Despoiler and knowing EXACTLY how scared you should be. (Also, we'll probably meet a guy named 'Derrick' and then I'll lose my collective drek and won't that be a fun day! =D) Dnd name generator

Meaning: Plant layout is the most effective physical arrangement, either existing or in plans of industrial facilities i.e. arrangement of machines, processing equipment and service departments to achieve greatest co-ordination and efficiency of 4 M's (Men, Materials, Machines and Methods) in a plant. Autodesk 3ds max Serial Key

Type # 1. Plant Layout:

Plant layout means the disposition of the various facilities (equipments, material, manpower, etc.) and services of the plant within the area of the site selected previously. Plant layout begins with the design of the factory building and goes up to the location and movement of a work table. All the facilities like equipments, raw materials, machinery, tools, futures, workers, etc. are given a proper place. In deciding the place for equipment, the supervisors and workers who have to operate them should be consulted.

When you dedicate yourself to transforming your lifestyle, it is actually carried out one activity each time. Whether you consider consuming right or inform yourself on just how to acquire a new home computer, you are truly purchasing positivity. Using this guidance, your buying journey is going to be actually as positive as may be!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22