The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

It is in the audience's best interest that, when reading this title, you have this playing in your head:

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here bringing you all another episode review!

So this episode starts off with Bugze doing some surveillance. Besides being disappointed at the lack of hay bales and cacti for him to hind in/behind like in all those old movies he used to watch, he also realizes how stupid it is that he's risking his life and cover over a freaking apple tree of all things.

Seriously people, when you get down to it this entire episode's conflict started cause of an apple tree...and Spike being kidnapped along the way but lets be honest folks this was before he had enough character to really care about him.

Anyway, while he's doing this surveillance he decides to try and find any information could help settle the pony/buffalo conflict peacefully. Cause he did the math, and a bunch of tiny ponies versus average sized buffalo equals some very dead ponies. And when coming to this conclusion Bugze suddenly remembers a spell from....magic kindergarten!

Yeah, I was trying to make a running gag out of magic kindergarten. I wanted to make it a part of a magic users life that was pure hell for them no matter what species they were. Sadly this joke was born here, as well as died here.

Anyway the spell he remembered was a little thing called Zoom! It's a incarnation spell, meaing you have to recite certain words for it to work. Usually these type of spells require a give and take with the caster. In Zoom's case, you get to see far away objects, and in turn you get a major magic drain and a massive headache.

I was hoping after the incarnation spell's were introduced the Hive Mind would have Bugze run into more incarnation's. You know stuff that usual spells might not have been real. But well this is the only incarnation spell Bugze ever uses so...yeah. Perhaps season 4 will provide but who knows?

So after using the incarnation Bugze gets a closer look at the buffalo camp to try and find a good way to sneak in. A couple gags later, including him freaking out over two buffalo picking their noses, Bugze finally finds what he's looking for.

And by that I mean he spots the missing ponies and Spike (who he immediately knows is Spike cause you know...he's a boy), who he is momentary surprised for second about him being dragon before shrugging it off and coming up with a plan of attack.

Course he immediately drops that plan when he sees two buffalo slam into each other head first and shake it off like it was nothing. Knowing he's outmatched (this won't happen often) he decides stealth is the better option to getting the tree and the others back.

Sadly there's still the fact that the desert doesn't provide a lot of reasonable hiding spots for Bugze to use, so he's about to give up on infiltrating the camp at all. But thankfully Grandbuggy's advice kicks in as he remembers that if stuff that makes sense doesn't work, then to do something incredibly stupid instead!

Following his advice Bugze looks around for the stupidest thing that could help him. And spotting a wooden create that looks cardboard box from Metal Gear nearby he gets a what he claims himself to be a stupid idea.

Well as long as he's aware of it, plus its the return of the box jokes so yay!

But yeah Bugze manages to sneak into the camp with a few close call jokes and manages to find his targets once again. Rainbow looks as stubborn and hostile as ever, Pinkie is Pinkie, and Spike is chanting along with the other buffalo. The tree...well in Bugze's own words is just a tree.

He even comments how the only reason why Applejack so worried about it is cause its actually a pony, but he dismisses that thought as stupid cause no one in there right mind would want to be a tree.

Okay you all know where I'm going with this, so I'ma just make the joke now:

So I'm just gonna put this down. Took me ten minutes to link this video. Not because I couldn't find it, no its cause I got stuck on a downward spiral of adorableness when I found a human version of it. Needless to say my weakness to adorable things is really strong.

Anyway Bugze is about to get the ponies attentions when a buffalo sits on his crate. Bugze being Bugze shouts at him to get off, blowing his cover in front of everybody. Trying to hide his blunder he tells them to ignore the crate and even tries to do the Jedi mind trick.

Of course only Pinkie falls for it...or plays along with it...its kinda hard to tell with her being so Pinkie ya know?

After the crate is lifted off of him, followed by a classic MGS sound effect '!' the episode ends with Bugze accidently being speciesist and demanding to know what's going on...only to be met with staring....and staring....and more staring...

I swear I'll find a clip of creepy staring music for the next review I swear!

Anyway this episode was pretty meh like last time. The jokes were funny and the plot was moved, but none of the jokes held any lasting impression if the fact that most of them are only used here besides the staring one, which itself was already a running gag. All in all a meh episode.

No Title Segment this review. I'm kinda stuck with a staring contest with SCP-173 and I...hehe...can't afford to lose it....send help!

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all later today with the next ep!

Bugze's Skills:

'Royal Canterlot Voice (RCV)' Learned: Episode 6

'Forcefield' Learned: Episode 6

'Teleport' Learned: Episode 6

'No Shadow Kick' Learned: Episode 23

'Free Running Skill' Relearned: Episode 23

'FUS RO DAH' Adapted from Previous Skill (RCV): Episode 26

'Sophisticated Talk...But Not Really' Learned: Episode 30

'Stun Spell' Learned: Episode 34

'Shoryuken' Learned: Episode 40

'Falcon Punch' Learned: Episode 40

'Transformation Spell' Taught by Trixie: Episode 40