The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

This arc started off as a funny road trip with Trixie that turned into a emotional roller-coaster full of anger, strife, and...well there was a lot of anger lets be honest.

And you know what's funny, this won't be the last time I use that intro for a arc review! It happens that many times in this series.

And that has to be what I love, and what some of the Hive Mind love, about this series. How it can go from a whacky adventure full of jokes and references to a dark, feels creating story full of drama and then back to the wackiness without it feeling forced. Name one story that does that...that isn't written by a actual author or anyone on this site who can actually write stories!

Anyway, this arc was a fun one to write. It showed off the more emotional side of Bugze and showed how he wasn't just a joke spewing changeling who is never really affected by anything. He is a reference spewing joker, but he is also a fragile being fighting back against literally everyone and everything. It really makes you think what he might be like if this never happened.

This arc also gave us another reason why Nightshade stuck around besides the fact that she makes good plot convenience and how adorable she is. She helps calm Bugze down during his rages...and wow does that sound bad out of context. Anyway, she helps snap Bugze back to his sense while he's in the cloak, and that is shown throughout the series.

Finally, this arc makes more people question how I treat my favorite characters. While I've never officially stated it, Trixie is one of my favorite characters. As I've said in the past I'm a sucker for redeemed characters, and the fact that her personality (past her bragging at least) is pretty funny. So I'm not surprised when I tell Hive Minder's that she's one of my favorite characters they question that based on this arc (and later).

Well like with Luna (maybe I just really like blue colored characters?) it was a matter of story and opportunity. I saw a chance to create a interesting situation, along with Kersey suggesting some ideas, and I took it. Thankfully I'll have a chance to put her in a better light in my other works.

I feel very ironic for some reason...eh probably nothing.

All in all this arc was fun and it is a prime example of the series unique blend of comedy and drama. Hopefully the next arc I review is just as good!

Anyway this will be the last review for today. I have some family obligations to attend to, and I am also realizing that I should really ask when stuff is happening and not just assuming nothing is happening.

Tell me what you all thought of the arc, as well as how you feel the reviews are going, in the comments below! See you all tomorrow with the next review!

Arc Rating: 8.5/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1