The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

THE NIGHTMARISH BETRAYAL: Part Final

So I may or may not have got distracted with a game sale (Metro bundle only 5 bucks) and got absorbed into it and completely forgot to write the other reviews. My bad hehehehehehehe.....

Look a review as a distraction!

So the episode starts off where we left off, Bugze about to obliterate the Mane Six minus Fluttershy but he stopped due to Nightshade's sudden appearance. She has The Inventory wrapped around her, and Bugze has no idea as to what to think. The DFV tries to convince Bugze that its Twilight casting a illusion in a last ditch effort to live, but considering she's unconscious with the other four mares Bugze ignores her.

Tears of joy begin to stream down his face as he descends to the ground, the Nightmare Cloak (officially being called that this episode) dissipating and the DFV hissing in failure. Bugze of course decides to focus on the whole 'evil voice in my head' thing later and just stares Nightshade down.

He sees anxiousness, worry, exasperation, and a surprising amount of anger for a filly her age (like father like daughter huh) but there's no fear at all in her bat like eyes.

Course he starts to think how he looks like a monster to her, and to the unconscious ponies. But before that depressing train can go on too long Bugze snaps out of it a scoops Nightshade into a hug and asks her where she's been and how she's okay. In return she says that he looked like a monster, and then quickly hugs him back and says how she missed her daddy.

What? *sniff* I'm not crying at this *sniff* touching scene, you are! Ye...yeah you are! *Bawling can be heard*

Ahem, anyway this comment causes Bugze to clutch his chest as a painful yet pleasant feeling shoots through his heart. He's obviously confused by this but soon figures out when Nightshade's concern for his sudden pain causes the feeling to intensify.

Why is it you ask? Why love of course!

Now before you hit me with how cheesy that sounds, hear me out. Changelings usually feed off of love born of trickery and deceit. Bugze here, however, is receiving love with no magic or trickery involved. So for a being based on 'fake' love receives true love from another for the first time its got to be a shock to their system.

At least that's how I see it. Plus with the whole [REDACTED] thing we learn later could be a factor as well.

Anyway this passes and Bugze finally asks how Nightshade is okay after he saw the stage get destroyed. Nightshade responses with fast-paced that I'm too lazy to read, but to sum it up she went and got ice cream during the whole chaos of the Ursa Minor and therefore wasn't in the stage when it got stomped.

Bugze just sighs at that and hugs her, thinking huh this moment couldn't be ruined.

I would point out that there are five unconscious mares he almost murdered right next to them during this moment, but I think the giant roar of a angry mama bear is good enough to ruin a moment on its own.

This episode was full of emotion and feels, nothing more to it. It was great and it made you feel, plain and simple.

Now to buy some giant monster repellent! Here's the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

But, not a second goes by before you scoop Nightshade into the largest hug thought possible and you begin to rapidly say to her stuff like,

"Are you okay" and "Where have you been?"

Nightshade looks at you and whispers in a worried tone,

"You... were a monster..." Your gaze softens and you begin to frown in shame as you can feel more tears well up, but the filly returns your tight, protective hug.

"I miss my daddy."

Suddenly there's an explosion in your heart. All traces of fear, doubt, anger, and confusion are blasted away from your soul and replaced with nothing but joy and...

I'm not crying, you're crying!

Embarrassing Moment:

Nightshade's speed text

It was funny the first time, the second its more annoying and painful to the eyes then anything else. Luckily near the end of this season we should get a replacement for this joke.

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all later today with the next ep!

The Karma Counter:

Good: 39
Evil: 66

Plot Hole Count: 5

Rating: 10/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1