The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

THE NIGHTMARISH BETRAYAL: Part 5

Who's ready for depression! Cause we're about to enter the 'Bugze guilt' zone, and trust me it is as depressing as it sounds! But hey its the first one of many, so maybe it won't be too depressing!

Oh who am I kidding? For some reason I'm good at making characters depressed, so for all I know this is gonna make me break down or something. Let's get this thing rolling before I change my mind and just make a quick summery or something.

So this episode starts off with our favorite changeling running away from the town as his pain and guilt consumes him. He starts to think about his playing hero(well...more playing villain) got Nightshade killed. He starts to remember the three-four episodes where they bonded and his anger spikes again as he begins ramming into trees while questioningly shouting why all of this is happening to him.

Eventually it all becomes too much for him and he collapses onto the ground. He soon starts remembering all of Nightshade's adorable features, which leads into him quoting the Space Core from Portal 2. Which admittedly makes the funny line of the Space Core sound like something a NASA scientist who just got fired would legitimately say if they were having a mental breakdown.

Fanfiction! Making funny lines have legitimate meaning and depth to them since...ever!

Anyway Bugze goes into the fatal position and starts to cry. Eventually his tears dry and his thoughts start to take a darker tone. He starts to believe that he will always be perceived as a monster to the others, and that nothing he does will ever change that.

This is were a certain party makes there first appearance. While they aren't formally addressed this episode, they do eventually get a name for themselves in the season 1 finale. This person is the DFV, aka the Dark Female Voice that whispers darkness to Bugze and tries to corrupt him whenever he uses the cloak.

Now for those who have read season 2 you know who the DFV, but I won't be saying anything as there might be some new members of the Hive Mind reading these reviews and I don't want to spoil them.

Anyway, the DFV starts edge Bugze on the path of hate, whispering how if they see him as a monster then to be one. To take revenge on the ponies for what they've done by showing just how much a monster Bugze can be.

Bugze begins to realize that he is in a very fragile state at the moment, what with the whole evil voice whispering evil things to him and all that. He hopes no one attacks him cause the cloak was getting more unstable and-okay you can see where this is going.

Yep, Rainbow once again jumps the gun (ala Dragonshy) and attacks first before anything could be done. And with this, and some egging on from the DFV, Bugze's hate and sorrow explode and he attacks the Mane Six. Epice Darkness music plays (actual name of video clip) as Bugze wails onto the Mane Six (minus Fluttershy) while giving a evil version of his intro.

Soon he has the ponies at his mercy as his fox tail lifts him into the air and he begins to charge up a ball of magical death. He's about to fire it at the downed ponies...only for his daughters voice to stop him before he can commit the act.

Evil: +5 Attempted Murder

Hopefully no one's surprised by that one.

But anyway, you guys thought I would seriously kill off a character so soon didn't ya? Welp there's your twist, Nightshade's alive and we'll find out how exactly she plans on stopping her dad from crossing the line...in the next episode!

A cliffhanger!? Ain't I a stinker?

This episode was great! While no jokes where made, it only mad the episode better! This was a emotion filled one as we delved into Bugze's mind as his guilt slowly takes control of him. It also shows just how fragile he was back in season 1, and how much he'll grow in the later seasons. All in all this episode was a bit depressing, but in a good way!

Now I have to go and see if I can get the DFV to sign on for a voice over contract for a little side project I got going on, so here's the Title Segment for you all to enjoy!

Favorite Moment:

Bugze's Beat down of the Mane Six

Brutal it may be, but you could feel Bugze's emotions through his attack. His grief and anger expressed with each attack was cool way to express it, in my opinion at least.

Embarrassing Moment:

You stop in a tree line near a open flied.

The grammatical error here alone is enough to make me cringe, and less said about the spelling error the better.

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all later today with the next ep!

The Karma Counter:

Good: 39
Evil: 66

Plot Hole Count: 5

Rating: 8.5/10

Yeah this was one of my favorite chapters

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2