The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

Oh the irony of this title...there's just so much of it here its almost overwhelming! I wish I had a clip of someone saying 'oh the irony' but all I have in storage is a bunch of memes! Curse you internet for providing me with the wrong kind of mindless entertainment!

Ahem, anyway hey Hive Mind DWC here with your (usually) daily review of LoaWC! Today's chapter shows us a hint of Twilight's adaptively, the beginning of Fluttershy's route and one step closer to the first 'dark' arc of the series!

So this episode starts off with Bugze reaching his limit as he yells at Twilight to please let him finish his intro. Which usually doesn't happen with Twilight as she lets the villains monologue before doing anything, but hey Bugze just has that effect on people to just zap him I guess.

The CMC giggle to themselves at Bugze's complaint as Twilight just gets confused, which Bugze uses to his advantage to continue with his intro. Sadly Bugze's us of confusion wasn't very effective on Twilight as she just blasts Bugze in the middle of his intro yet again.

This time she manages to burn him ala a cartoon character, and to add to the comedic effect Bugze finishes his intro via coughing out some smoke along with it.

Ah, gotta love the classic cartoon visual gags. Sucks they're not used as much as they were in the past huh?

Anyway, after Bugze shakes off the ash from his cloak while mumbling in annoyance at Twilight's actions Applebloom calls out to Fluttershy to stop. Confused at this Bugze looks over to them to see what's up, only to see Fluttershy making a beeline for him. Panicking he tries to teleport out...only to find out he can't cause Twilight cast a deactivate magic spell on him.

Now this is what I meant when I mentioned Twilight's adaptability. I always pictured her character as someone who is constantly learning from a past encounter and creating counter measures for the next encounter. You know like a boss fight that adapts to your play style as you try to kill it!

I wanted to implement this with Twilight's character, and to do that I decided she'd be the one to constantly come up with counter measure's to Bugze's moves. I know this doesn't happen a lot in the later seasons, but in season one that is very obvious and cool!

Ahem, anyway when Bugze figures out she casted the spell he starts to think of how screwed he is...and thinks some details behind the spell itself. I do believe I have a clip around here for this...aha!

Ah....love that clip.

Anyway, after that little bit of exposition Bugze remembers that he has a usually shy and reserved pegasus charging at him. Course he realizes this a bit too late as Fluttershy tackles him to the ground. Bugze closes his eyes and braces himself for pain...but it never comes. Instead he feels what he thinks is raindrops, but when he opens his eyes he sees its Fluttershy's tears.

Bugze is. of course, confused by this but thankfully Fluttershy provides the plot as she tearfully explains how she thought he was dead and how she couldn't thank him or apologize to him (I assume for the whole beating you up at the invasion thing).

Poor, poor Fluttershy...this may be first time this'll happen to you...but it definitely won't be your last. Cause Bugze fakes his death, what three four times in this series? Maybe more depending on how season 4 goes, which lets be honest people it will probably happen again.

My bets on him faking his death two more times! Any takers?

So moving on Fluttershy passes out from...I don't know emotional exhaustion I guess while Bugze thinks how awesome it is that someone cares enough about him to cry over him.

I mean...I guess that's a good thing and all but you kinda need to not sound like a really desperate person.

Also, congratulations Bugze, you've taken your first step on the Fluttershy Route!

Okay let me explain for those who don't know. In visual novels, if you can date multiple girls, you have to hit there 'flags' to make them like you. Hitting their first 'flag' gets you started on their 'route,' or story. Since we all know by season 2 Bugze has plenty of admirers, not to mention the Hive Mind gets a bit shippy down the road, I've decided to keep my own personal record of Bugze hitting these 'flags' and tallying them up at the end of each season.

Is this weird and doesn't make sense, yes. Do I care...nope!

Anyway, Twilight lifts Fluttershy's unconscious body off of Bugze, and he sees that she's placed back over with the CMC. Of course looking over to Twilight, well...

Yeah...that.

Evil: +1 Made a mare cry

Oddly enough this is gonna be one of the more frequent ones. Go figure.

Anyway, since Fluttershy is KO'd (thank you plot convenience) Twilight thinks Bugze purposely made one of her first friends cry. And since Twilight is still in that early stage of social interaction where she can't really process her emotions the best...well lets just say she expresses her anger in the more...magicy ways.

Basically...Twilight's firining her lazer BWAAAAAAAA!

No seriously, she fires a beam of pure magic at Bugze. Since he can't teleport out of there he accepts his fate and gets blasted outta there ala Team Rocket.

We jump on over to his landing sight, which is somewhere on the edge of Manehatten. Bugze is having some mild hallucinations, which is to be expected since he did just get blasted who knows how far from the Everfree via powerful magic blast.

What does he hallucinate exactly? Well he hears his ex-queen crying, but he has no idea why he is hearing this.

Of curse we later learn this is most likely when he [RE-DACTED]

What!? Since when did we care about spoilers on this show?

What do you mean...I mean ya some people might be reading these as they read the story...but-

Fine! Fine I'll play by the rules. Stupid contract holding boss....

Ahem, anyway the episode ends with Bugze waking up in a strange cabin of some sort nursed back to health...and who walks in but the one, the only (not counting multiverse), The Great and Powerful Trixie!

Oh yeah folks, things are about to get 'dark'.

This episode was...meh if I'm being honest. The plot was moved forward, and there were some good jokes, but it didn't leave that big of a impact on me. Sure it opened Fluttershy's route and gave us some of Twilights future tics, but it didn't really leave that big of a impression on me like the past couple of ones did. Plus once again only two comments used, so...yeah.

Anyway, I'm gonna go make a list of the possible 'routes' Bugze can go down on so I can keep track of them, in the meantime here's the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

"Ahem... I'm the one who watches over the innocent! I'm the one who protects those who can't protect themselves. I'm the shadow that follows those who's path they follow is the path of evil. I am the usher who guides you to your chair! I! Am! The Hooded Ofen*zap*.

Twilight interrupts you intro with another magical blast... AGAIN! It also causes you to be brunt up like a cartoon character after a big expulsion. You cough out some smoke like a cartoon character and say,

"...der."

I love a classic reference Hive Mind, so yeah this would be my favorite moment

Embarrassing Moment:

And whoa nelly was it full of tension and excitement (I think)

I can feel my credibility as a author slowly dying the more embarrassing stuff I highlight...that and the more AN's that make me question how I've never gotten a negative comment before.

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

The Karma Counter:

Good: 18
Evil: 18

Plot Hole Count: 4

Rating: 4/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1