The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

You know your in for a good episode when the titles in all caps, as we all know all caps means its very important.

Hey Hive Mind, welcome to yet another review of LoaWC! This is the first of three reviews that will be posted today, so look forward to other ones later on in the day!

This episode brings us the reason why season 2 exist, and the creation of a very useful system for the commenters...when its used at least.

So the episode starts off just as Bugze finishes yelling about how much he hates the forest. And can you blame the guy, every time he's in the forest bad things happen to him. I mean sure bad stuff happens to him all the time, but the forest is like a focal point of it.

After finishing screaming Bugze realizes he should check on Nightshade after everything that happened. Opening The Inventory he sees her sleeping peacefully with two pieces of paper, a notebook and pencil next to her. Checking the two papers he sees that the first one is a drawing of him and Nightshade with the words 'Daddy the Hero' above them. Bugze 'awwwws' at this and decides it wouldn't be too bad to at least act like her father for awhile.

What? This is a adorable scene and I ain't gonna harp on it. Now if someone made a kiddie drawing of Nightshade's drawing I might actually die of adorable overload.

Anyway, reading the second paper Bugze finds out its a note from Derpy. She, in her adorable derpy way, talks about how she and the Doctor fed Nightshade while Bugze was knocked out. Oh and she even writes herself walking off to ask the Doctor what Nightshade's name is, and then writes her coming back to writing the letter.

God dang it Derpy, onscreen or in a fanfic you are far to adorable for your own good!

So yeah, Bugze goes over the list of food Nightshade ate and before he can finish it a voice calls out to him. This causes him to drop the list and look for the source, only to find a frog. Shrugging it off he goes back to reading the list.

Now if memory serves me right, which it usually doesn't, this was Kersey's or me's plan. See the voice was Derpy distracting Bugze so the Doctor could edit the paper. Or was it the other way around, I can't remember. What I do remember was that whoever edited the letter either added the debt or the console damage. One of the two.

Kersey! I need ya help here man, think you can write in the comments which way it was?

Thanks in advance! Anyway this moment right here is what allows us to continue into a second season. While their were many questions left after this seasons end, most of them could have be left up to commenter interoperation. But the Debt couldn't, so it made for the perfect excuse to make a second season!

That and I really wanted to do some Discord madness, so a second season was gonna happen no matter what. Just would have been more 'no need for it' without the Debt.

Anyway, after a funny line about disappearing from the space-time continuum Bugze decides to sit down and read the 'Stun Spells and You' while he can before anything crazy happens. Ten minutes later, and after apologizing to a few stunned chipmunks and birds Bugze has the spell down pat.

Also no evil point here, since nopony was around to see him testing the spell on animals so no one knows about it.

Now the rest of the episode is just Bugze making a list of all his spells, and doing a quick Inventory check.

Now the list of spells was implemented as a way for the Hive Mind to go over his fighting skills in case they forget some things before a fight scene. Sadly the list isn't used that often, as I feel it got forgotten faster then Bugze's skills. Oh well, what can ya do?

This episode was short, but it provided good jokes and established a new (if rarely used) system for the Hive Mind to check up on for Bugze's skills. It even gives us the reason why season 2 is around. So while the plot doesn't really go anywhere, and lets face it this episode was pretty short, it still gets a good rating from me.

Now excuse me while I make a list of my skills, in the meantime here's the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

I honestly don't know what hes talking about half the time (Don't tell him I said that).
Oh right, The Doctor told me to tell you that we fed uh hold on a second
Okay I'm back.
So I asked The Doctor what this little sweet filly's name is.
Huh...Oh right.

It was either this or the space-time continuum joke, but what can I say I'm a sucker for adorableness and Derpy takes the cake.

Embarrassing Moment:

Nothing really this episode...weird.

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

Bugze's Skills:

'Royal Canterlot Voice (RCV)' Learned: Episode 6

'Forcefield' Learned: Episode 6

'Teleport' Learned: Episode 6

'No Shadow Kick' Learned: Episode 23

'Free Running Skill' Relearned: Episode 23

'FUS RO DAH' Adapted from Previous Skill (RCV): Episode 26

'Sophisticated Talk...But Not Really' Learned: Episode 30

'Stun Spell' Learned: Episode 34

The Karma Counter:

Good: 14
Evil: 13

Plot Hole Count: 4

Rating: 6.5/10

Kersey475
Group Contributor

Now if memory serves me right, which it usually doesn't, this was Kersey's or me's plan. See the voice was Derpy distracting Bugze so the Doctor could edit the paper. Or was it the other way around, I can't remember. What I do remember was that whoever edited the letter either added the debt or the console damage. One of the two.

Kersey! I need ya help here man, think you can write in the comments which way it was?

The frog thing was a retcon made during the finale of Season 3. I asked you to go back and include that so it would look like we planned things out since then.

Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

Ah...I remember now! Thanks Kersey!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3