The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

Ah, the beginning of Bugze's powers. Or at least a hint of them. Things are about to get good folks!

Welcome Hive Mind to another review of LoaWC! This episode brings us the true levels of randomness this series can reach, people questioning if Luna is my favorite princess, and a hint to Bugze's true power.

But before I get into that, first I must send a shout out to Kersey! For this episode marks the beginning of him editing for the series! Everyone give him a big round of applause, and Kersey why don't you take a bow and say hi to the Hive Mind!

Oh right this is a written review not a video one, can't exactly have him to anything since he isn't here huh? Ah well take a vow in the comments dude, I know you read these so go ahead!

Now the details behind him becoming my editor is really simple. Kersey was meant to be only a temporary editor until my old editor got back from vacation. Clearly that never happened, and honestly I don't mind that.

Kersey has been a major help since day one with his comments, and his editing was always top-notch, especially when it was a fighting chapter. Dude could take the mess of unedited stuff I wrote and actually make it make sense and awesome like the Appleoosa brawl and Gala brawl.

We may not always agree on what's supposed to happen in the story, and we may tend to debate over which direction should be taken sometimes, but I am proud to call him my friend and one of the best editors I ever had.

Does that mean I'm not going to be so nit-picky when I review this chapter? ...Oh hell no! Sorry Kersey, I know your awesome and all that, but that doesn't mean I'm holding back with the review.

With that said, let's get this review started!

This episode starts off with Bugze's eye twitch in annoyance. The reason being, he was really hoping Nightshade would stay asleep and in The Inventory during this whole debacle. But as the whims of fate would have it (and but that I mean me) she woke up and shocked the royals.

Bugze is so annoyed that he enters his irrational state of mind and holds his daughter up, proclaiming that she is his daughter and that they woke her up.

Luna is still pissed, Shining is surprised, and Cadence looks like she's gonna faint. Celestia....well she's still got that poker face on so for all I know she's trying not to hug Nightshade to death.

And Nightshade simply giggles at their 'silly' faces and makes a few of her own...specifically a duck face.

Yeah I don't know why I did that either. Moving on...

Bugze decides to take advantage of the situation to make a escape, but before he can even say 'Get in the bag, Nightshade' a piano is dropped on him by Derpy.

Truly the levels of randomness are set high today with this, and boy do I love it! Who needs order when you can just have random craziness going on!? Besides, this reintroduces the adorableness that is Derpy, so that's a plus in my book!

Bugze makes conversation with Derpy while trying not to worry her too much from his crushed body. They also finally introduce each other, as even though their friends they never got each others name. After introductions are made Derpy tells Bugze to hold on while she went to get help. However before Bugze can really think too much about how Derpy can get any help, he hears his daughter struggle. Looking over he sees the royals debating over her while Celestia holds her in a magical grip.

Now this wouldn't be too bad...if it weren't for the fact that from the looks of things Cadence is the only one debating on your behalf. And by the looks of things even her husband is against her. The debate goes on for a bit before Luna suggests in the RCV...that Nightshade go to the gallows.

And this is were people usually start to question if Luna is really my favorite princess. To that I say, yes of course she is! I have a weakness for redeemed characters (hence why I'm such a big fan of Sunset) and she's just so awkwardly adorkable that I can't help but make her my favorite.

However, when writing you have to put your personal feelings about a character aside if it doesn't match the stories use. In this story Luna wouldn't be the most pleasant of characters towards Bugze considering the whole Nightmare thing, so I did what I have to. Made Luna the 'villain' of the story...though she's more of a minor antagonist if you think bout it considering literally almost the entire cast of the show try to beat Bugze up for one reason or another.

Anyway, this pisses Bugze off and...the first appearance of the *snap* appears! That's right folks, the beginnings of Bugze's power of burden begins here...kinda.

Anyway he teleports over to them, grabs Nightshade and then teleports back away from them. After putting Nightshade behind him protectively he, in his Bugze way, threatens the royalty that if they want to harm her they'd through him.
Of course this is after they flinch from his look, to Bugze's confusion.

Of course this is later reveled to be due to his eyes glowing a piercing orange. But more on that later, for now...

Evil: +3 Threatening Royalty
Good: +1 Protecting your child

The three points are obviously from Celestia, Luna, and Shining. While feel its justified to threaten them since Luna is trying to kill a little filly and all, but no one wants to be threaten. Plus their royalty, so threating them all in front of a bunch of guards isn't exactly the brightest idea ya know?

The one point to good is from Cadence. You know, the reasonable and sane one among the royals in this series. Being the alicron of love she kinda has a weak spot for children, plus seeing the family love Bugze has for this little filly defiantly helped increase his image to her.

Now the episode wraps up with Luna about to fire a death beam at them, but Bugze manages to escape via the TARDIS showing up in the nick of time (as usual). But of course Bugze and his luck ends up knocking himself out on the TARDIS console, and wakes up back in the forest. Much to his ire, as shown by him shouting to the heavens his catch phrase!

Gotta love that I made Doctor Who a actual character in this series. Where else do you have a changeling on the run from the law with uncontrollable dark power with the time-lord helping him out occasionally? That's right, nowhere but here baby!

This episode was...pretty good. Not that many jokes are used, but that just balances out last episodes jokes with this episodes plot moving. We get our sorta kinda main antagonist from this episode, and we even prove once and for all that the Doctor is in fact a real person in this version of Equestria. All in all a good episode.

Now let's jump into a box bigger on the inside to avoid a death beam and see what today's Title Segment has for us!

Favorite Moment:

"I'm fine (my spleen...)." you tell her so that she doesn't worry anymore. "Oh, I never told you my name and I never got yours."
"My name's Derpy."
"I'm Bugze (think I re-broke some ribs...)."

It's really Bugze's attempt to hide his pain from Derpy yet still mumbling it to himself that really make this scene for me.

Embarrassing Moment:

"Ah man, you awoke up my daughter."

Tense? The hack is that, who'd even knew what that had been?

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

The Karma Counter:

Good: 14
Evil: 13

Plot Hole Count: 4

Rating: 6.5/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1