The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

You know there's something about Bugze's soon-to-be catch phrase that makes up the fact that this episode's title once again has far to many exclamation marks...actually no it doesn't. What is with all the exclamation marks!?

Welcome Hive Mind to yet another review of TLoaWC! This episode brings us a huge example of Bugze's ability to cause misunderstandings and problems for himself, as well as his ability to piss off the royalty even before he got punch happy with...well with everyone really.

So as per usual the episode starts off where we left off last time, with Bugze staring down the royals (with Luna looking beyond pissed). Bugze starts to panic internally of what he's supposed to and he complains about how every time he saves a pony he has to teleport to somewhere else where a pony wants to kill him is there.

A bit of a self-aware joke there, as that was the usual pattern for the season this far. Bugze saves a pony a leaves a good impression (aside from most of the Mane Six for some reason) and then is forced to teleport somewhere else where a pony who wants to kill him is.

Kinda of a lazy way to keep the fic going at the time I know, but I didn't have any plans back then. So I was kinda just making plot points as the comments came in. Which is my usual style now, but more...advanced.

I outline some major events that I would like to happen, and then use the comments while slowly leading up to that event. Of course comment driven stories can change on the flip of a dime, so I know not to put too much faith in my events. But back then I had nothing so literally I was just writing situation after situation that would be good enough for a lot of comments. Now a-days its more about the content of the comments then the number of them though...

Anyway Bugze introduces himself officially as Bugze to the royals, confirming that he is accepting that name as a alias for now but still not quiet accepting it as his new name. Oh and he does a Loki reference with his introduction, so hey that's a plus. Sadly the reference doesn't effect them, and really the only reaction is Cadence recognizing the name.

Luna, still pissed but not killing anyone on sight yet, questions Bugze if he is willing to take a truth spell to prove who he is. Course she asks him in the RCV, so Bugze responds in kind with his own RCV declining the truth spell. However apparently its against some royal decree or something to speak to the princess in the RCV and Luna tells him so...in the RCV.

Evil: +1 Accidently disrespect royalty

Yeah....get ready for a lot of these type of evil points. Bugze does this...a lot which, while funny, doesn't exactly prove your the good guy to the ponies.

Anyway Bugze apologizes for disrespecting the princess and explains how he didn't know the RCV wasn't to be used on royalty, but that he still doesn't want the truth spell...only to see Luna's horn glowing and suddenly feeling the urge to tell the truth.

Good: +1 Apologized to a princess

This doesn't happen often folks, so enjoy those framing of words while ya can.

But yeah Luna casts a truth spell without Bugze's consent (which has to be illegal in Equestria) and Bugze begins running his mouth. Mostly just comedic stuff though, like how he didn't see Luna in the shower, and how he didn't mean to touch Cadence's flank while they were dancing.

He also manages to 'break' Celestia (you know go all blank face and unresponsive) when he revels that he did actually read those Sherclop Holmes books. Which I find is funny cause while Bugze thinks he broke her, in reality Celestia is just thinking how annoying this situation was.

I mean when your as old as her you tend to want your plans to go...well according to plan. Having your meeting being interrupted by some harmless changeling ruins a plan, and thus she's annoyed at the situation. But she's good at hiding it since...you know she's Celestia the master of the poker face.

Also, won't be adding any good/evil points here as its the truth spells fault for Bugze blabbing all this stuff out. Therefore its not his actions but the spells, so no points can be added. If he casted the spell on himself on accident, however, then I would be giving points.

Welp, with that new information I'm tempted to leave you all wondering if this Celestia talk is canon or not to the series, but I still need to finish the review so I won't do that.

A funny as hell chase scene occurs with Shining and the guards running after Bugze with him shouting a line I wish I came up with, but sadly I did not. Seriously man, forevertheDoctor came up with some funny stuff when she was around...

Anyway, the episode ends with Nightshade popping out of The Inventory at the worst possible moment, and Bugze cursing out Lady Luck in his head.

This episode was....good! The jokes were on point, especially the chase scene one. The plot didn't move so much as this episode was more of a joke one then a progression one, but that can be overlooked as the jokes were good and nothing too stupid happened. If there is one complaint I can make, is that there were some good comments from the last episode that should have been used this episode. Also, that Cadence could have used a bit more dialogue, or at the very least a reaction to Bugze mentioning her flank.

Anyway, lets hope no guards start chasing us as we dive into the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

Run away from the angry husband while screaming...

"CADANCE! CADANCE! YOUR HUSBAND IS GOING TO BRUTALLY MURDER ME! I DON'T WANT TO BE BRUTALLY MURDERED!"

Hehehehe...I love this joke. It just sounds so funny ya know?

Embarrassing Moment:

Where did you find this fic?

I want to know you, the Hive Mind, found out this fic existed and why you clicked on it in the first place. Have fun answering...Bye

Well this doesn't sound awkward at all. Nope not at all...

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

The Karma Counter:

Good: 13
Evil: 10

Plot Hole Count: 4

Rating: 6.5/10

Kersey475
Group Contributor

*Prepares for entrance next chapter*

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2