The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

Man I love this title. I can just imagine some cheesy sit-com using this line as its catch-phrase or something and it cracks me up.

This episode brings us Nightshade adorableness, and basic character development for Nightshade.

So the episode begins with Bugze having a mental break down and stuttering out 'habanas' as he tries to process where the filly came from and who she claims to be his daughter.

Not gonna lie, if some random kid suddenly popped out of my backpack and said she was my daughter, I'd act the same. Well...that and question how the hell my backpack was able to hold her weight too. Hell I'm sure anyone would react the same...well unless your a Mary Sue then you'd just be calm and accept it like 'that,'

Anyway, after Bugze finally manages to say coherent words (what? WHAT!?) Nightshade just giggles at how silly her father is acting and gives him a big hug.

And thus we learn something about Nightshade! She's got a iron grip strong enough to hurt Bugze with her hug! Of course that could just be because Bugze's ribs are still healing, but he's a bug so he should have a strong exoskeleton. Besides he'll brush off harder hits from future enemies, so this fillies hugs must really be something!

After teleporting out of Nightshade's death grip the filly pouts, before getting a awed look as she asks her father to teach her that 'coooooool move as she puts it. Bugze just simply begins to wonder out loud how he and The Inventory did it and how he didn't even take it out on a few dates yet, nor did he know it was a she in the first place.

Ah, back when the humor for the series was just Bugze overthinking and overreacting to a situation, brings back memories. Course this still happens today, but it was a lot more common back in season 1. Good times they were, good times.

Eventually Bugze's brain decides it can't take it anymore and it shuts off. With a helpful warning from Bugze's consciousness Bugze takes a dirt nap, with the last thing he hears is Nightshade calling out to him.

After a uncertain amount of time passes, Bugze awakens back on the bed he was on when he first woke up that day. Looking around and seeing no sign of the little filly, Bugze begins to relax as he assumes it was just a pain fueled hallucination or dream.

Course that idea goes out the window when he sees the strange seal, which you'd have to really look for to see (subtle passed me, real subtle) is still on his chest. As well there being a note next to The Inventory from his daughter to him, telling him she went back to her room in The Inventory to go back to sleep...where she spends the majority of her time in this season.

Yeah, during the first season Nightshade was treated as more a plot device then an actual character. She'd only come out when the plot demanded it, and never really did anything but sleep or eat when it didn't. This is mostly due to me being still new to the whole writing thing at the time. While I did want her in the story, I didn't exactly plan out her character just yet. So I was hoping the comments would help with that. But well...again she mostly just ate and slept this season. Really should have tried to get her more involved like season 2...

Anyway, Bugze silently rants to the heavens for a bit about how, out of all the things it could do to him, it decides to give him a daughter from The Inventory!

Yeah...most people seem to forget that at the beginning Bugze was more annoyed with the fact that he had a daughter then not. Like he didn't hate her, nor did he do anything bad to her, but he just didn't think he could handle the responsibility of raising her with all that's happening to him. But hey, as we all know, Nightshade would become his driving force to do what he does, even if what he does isn't pretty.

So yeah, after that Bugze decides he needs to find a way to contact Cadence and inform of all the craziness that's happened to him. Plus he figures that his first friend can help him figure out what the symbol on his chest means, and what exactly he can do with the filly who claims to be his daughter.

And so the episode ends with Bugze wondering just how he can contact her, and thus giving the Hive Mind the freedom to write just what he does!

This episode isn't as awesome as the last one, as its lacking in plot movement and decent dialogue on Bugze's part. But it makes up for that with its jokes at Bugze expense with Nightshade, and developing Nightshade's character slightly through her interaction with her father.

I enjoy this episode a lot, mainly because its the first one Nightshade's in. When you make a second OC in the same story as your first one, you tend to get really nervous about how people will feel about them. At least I did hehehehe....anyway she was so well received that it managed to put my mind at ease.

It helps that she was a...well she cause I'm not usually too good at writing female characters. So if she turned out good then hey I have to be doing something good right?

Anyway, enough with the writing onto the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

You can't do anything but stutter at how impossible this is. "Ha-ha-habhabhabhabhabhabhabahabahabahabahabahabahabhab etc." You continue to do this for the next minute or so. Your 'daughter'. as she calls herself, begins to giggle like a school filly...which she is. "*giggle* Your really funny daddy, you know that. I bet alot of ponies would find this really funny too."

I'm with the filly, this would be hilarious if it were done in real life. I don't know why though, I just really like this kind of joke for some reason.

Embarrassing Moment:

The ones I'm stuck between choosing, they are

"Look Before You Sleep"

and

"The Stare Master"

Can you guys tell me which one would be the best episode that our changeling should go though. It won't be exactly after what you guys say, but it will happen.

Considering I end up using both of them, and basically one after the other, this question is irrelevant and also makes me look like I'm pandering you guys. Sorry about that.

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

The Karma Counter:

Good: 8
Evil: 6

Plot Hole Count: 3

Rating: 6.5/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1