The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

For once I actually like the title of this episode! It has a nice little ring to it and its pretty funny for a joke in the episode...now if only that joke and another running gag wasn't the only good thing about this chapter

This episode brings us some more of Bugze's appearance, a running gag then will probably never end even if you wanted it to, and about one good joke.

Seriously people, do not expect one comment episodes to ever rate high. I don't know what past me was thinking when he only used one stinking comment, but its poor professionalism and unfair to the other commenters. So yeah, don't expect a high grade here even if the content is kinda decent.

So anyway, the episode starts off with after Bugze smashing into a wall thanks to everyone's favorite rainbow maned pegasus, Rainbow Dash!

With this start we finally learn a bit about Bugze's appearance, he has a orange spikey mane! That's right folks this changeling's rocking a mane and he looks like Naruto dyed his hair his favorite color!

Now originally I gave him a mane cause I had a few things in mind that I needed him to have hair for. You know just some hair jokes, and maybe a few descriptions that would sound color if he had hair. It was a risk on my part for two reasons. Reason one being that it goes against canon, since only the queen (Chrysalis) had hair and none of the drones did. The second reason being it wasn't something the Hive Mind decided, so it would be up in the air if anyone actually liked the idea or not.

Thankfully no one went super crazy over the hair, and in fact it led to one of the major plot twist of season two (you all know what I'm talking about)!

Anyway the hair out of the way we have a clever little joke with Bugze having a indent into the barn door, with him wondering how the hell he didn't die if he left a imprint that deep into the wall.

Like seriously anyone ever wonder how cartoon characters survive does kind of jokes? No? I should just chalk it up to cartoon logic and not think too much about it? Fine....

Ahem, after that we have Rainbow being threatening, Bugze remembering who she is (YOU KNOW ITS IMPORTANT CAUSE ITS IN FULL CAPS), and then Bugze getting lost like usual over just what exactly the Elements are and why the two ponies before him keep calling themselves that.

Course this just pisses Rainbow off, and she gets even madder when she realizes Bugze didn't pay attention to her 'awesome' introduction speech.

Ah Rainbow, getting annoyed at even her enemies when their attention isn't on her since...well since G4 started.

But yeah Rainbow reintroduces herself and...one of the funniest jokes that makes me laugh to this day. Bugze starts giggling at Rainbows name considering her mane color, and tries to control it. But he can't keep it in any longer and burst out laughing must to Rainbow's annoyance.

But it gets even better. He lets it slip during his laughter that Rainbow looks like a fillyfooler, and Rainbow charges at him seeing red. But she's so mad she misses, and gets stuck head first into the barn wall!

Hahahahahhahaha! Oh man the build up is amazing for the start of the 'Fillyfooler' gag, too bad it wasn't good enough to save this episode...

Anyway, Applejack goes to help get Rainbow unstuck and Bugze uses this chance to escape. With a quick goodbye and a promise to visit Applebloom he teleports off...and into one of my least favorite arcs of the series. Ironically...its the first one of the series.

Ladies and gentlemen, tomorrows review begins the first arc of the series....'Dragonshy'!

I'll come up with something better by then, promise!

But yeah that's the episode...and its a wash out. Sure the joke used here is good, but its only one comment. And even then it doesn't even use the comment right! It's honestly one of my least favorite episodes cause of how unfair it is to the Hive Minder's who commented, and for all the potential jokes that were never made saddens me.

But as much as I want to rant about all this lost potential, its time for the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

You suddenly get this strange feeling in your thort.

*snort*

Your eyes widen in terror when you realize whats happening, and you begin to think of everything but Rainbow Dash's name and hair color. Ahh I thought about it!

*giggle*

Don't do it, don't do it, if you what to live don't do what your about to do. You think to yourself in terror.

*giggle*snort*giggle*

"What's so funny bug?" Rainbow Dash asks you with an accusing glare. "Your*pffftt* name is....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA Rainbow Dash and your hair is all rainbows and...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!" Welp...your dead buggy meat.

Like I said this is a great build-up to the 'Fillyfooler' gag, and it fits Bugze character at this point pretty well.

Embarrassing Moment:

. How...how I'm I alive, if whatever tackled me into the wall with enough force to leave a body dent in a wall, then I should nothing but changeling goo on the wall!

Me'thinks that the word wall was said far too many times in one sentence. Plus I'm getting 'people die when they are killed' vibes from this so that can't be good.

The Beginning of a Running Gag:

"You....hahaha...look like a fillyfooler!"

Ah...the one insult running gag that will probably never die so long as Rainbow and Applejack try to kil-mai-slaught-capture Bugze. I wonder what'll happen with the EQG versions...welp I got ideas!

Missed Potential Comments:

Practically All Comments From Last Chapter

Just...just why didn't I use any of the other ones. Some of them were really good! I'm so sorry for any of you who are still reading this series for your comment not being used for this episode!

Also just realized I published this episode when I graduated middle-school...go figure.

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

Plot Hole Count: 2

Rating: 2.5/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1