The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

Ah Pinkie...I have way to much fun writing her character in any scenario. I blame the fact that 4th-wall breaking characters are always a blast to write!

This episode is short, but brings us Pinkie fun and my struggling to think of better southern insults.

The episode starts off where we left off, with dear old Bugze facing off a suspicious Pinkie. It...goes as well as you expect when it comes to Pinkie.

Confusing, insane, and leaving you wondering if what you read just happened.

Well, probably not to that degree of Pinkie, that's later. But it was my first time with Pinkie's character so I couldn't do too much in fear of OOC happening. Kinda why she only has one line to be honest. But I like to think I got better as the episodes went on.

Anyway Pinkie goes on for about...four hours. Geeze I wish I can say that this is my past self failing to understand how time works, but knowing Pinkie she probably would talk for four hours straight.

Anyway Applejack shows up and it becomes painfully obvious that the only southern insult I could think of was 'varmint' for a good long time. Seeing as how that's the eighth time she's called Bugze that by now.

Yeah, past me wasn't exactly the brightest guy around. I could have looked up some southern slurs and insults for her, but I decided not to for some reason. Maybe cause this was back when I had a chapter out everyday or something? I mean there had to be more insults then just varmint I could have used.

Bottom-line, 'varmint' turned into Applejack's catchphrase for the majority of this season and that's cause past me fails at using his brain...and the google search bar.

Anyway Bugze is found out and makes a break for it. Applejack and Pinkie pursue him, with Pinkie hopping ala Peppy Le Pew (really need to do that again). Pinkie breaks the laws of physics as usual with her tail acting as a wall for Applejacks face and Bugze manages to escape them, such a rare thing nowadays when you think about it. He soon passes out on a branch in the apple fields.

And that's this episode! Nothing much happens besides Pinkie being Pinkie, so not a very high rating for it. But I will admit for my first time writing Pinkie it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Now onto the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

. You decide to distract them by throwing a bit on the ground. Pinkie stops immediately stops and stares at it, and Applejack runs… right into Pinkies tail?

Ah Pinkie, never change. You'd give me a headache in real life if you broke physics, but anywhere else it's just awesome.

Embarrassing Moment:

Also notice anything different about this episode, like how it looks better then usual.

Subtle past me, real subtle. Can't ya just say this is the first chapter that was edited like a normal person? Sigh, I will never understand past me's logic

First Appearance Comment:

Ok, you really need to find out just how the heck Applejack can know you're a changeling even when you're disguised. Quite frankly, it's freaking me out.

(As for the question. Worst episode? Eh...ah yes, the Crystal Empire story Ark. 'LOOK IM SOMBRA, THE SMOKE MONSTER FROM LOST! FEAR MY STAIRS! FEAR THEEEM!'
And then of course, Shining Armor.
'Evil entity causing an entire empire to crumble? THROW YOUR WIFE AT IT.')

forevertheDoctor! Dear lord now that is truly a name I haven't seen in forever. She brought amazing ideas to the fic, and is the one who made the cover-art for season 1 you see today! She won the art contest and got her character into the story, and she even joined Magus and Erised in their misadventures in my head in the AN. Heck she was the first one to do it!

I even gave her a story idea awhile back for her to write if I remember correctly. Sadly she hasn't been on the site for...four years now so I can only assume she's left the fandom or something. But while she was around she was a blast so thanks for everything forever!

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

Rating: 3.5/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1