The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

Let's see...there's a joke here with how the title has a period in it, but I think I've complained enough about the titles in these reviews so I'll just leave it alone.

This episode gives us the first appearance of everybody's favorite background pegasus, a plot point that went no where, and clever canon placement!

So first up let's discuss Derpy! Like you will see later one she was only brought in cause of a comment who later gotta a bigger role due to my, Kersey, or BrownDog's meddling. She was supposed to be a simple one-off character used for a joke and that would be it.

But I should have know better considering the Doctor Who reference I did awhile back that she would be back. And I have to say...I'm glad she did. Derpy has made a wonderful addition to the series cast, and was a great character to write when she was around.

I mean who doesn't enjoy a adorable klutz character!? Plus she was one of the first characters to like the real Bugze, so double points!

Anyway, moving on from there we have a plot point that never went anywhere!

Yeah get used to that with this season.

Bugze going to get his citizenship was suggested the most for this episode and so I put it in. Originally I had a few plans concerning it, like how they might try to kick him out of town when he was found out but BAM citizenship or something like that.

However due to my negligence on it, and no one ever bringing it up again, this plot point went no where fast. Like literally, this is the only episode this is mentioned in. After that never again, and so this plot point was lost to the dark abyss that is 'unused idea hell.'

Really the only thing that actually continued after this episode was Bugze's blank flank when he transformed. I will be going into more detail of this when Bugze gets his cutie mark in season 2, but for now just know it was planned from the very beginning!

After that nothing else happens, minus a very lame introduction of the 'Kung-Fu For Dummies' book and a awesome ending!

This episode, like most of season 1's beginning episodes, is very meh. Sure it gave us Derpy and one of Bugze's main ways to getting attacks, but besides that nothing else really happens. So its rating won't be the highest, but it won't be the lowest either.

Now onto the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

You had tried to go to the local library, but it was barracked and when you went to knock on the door, someling yelled "I CAN'T DECIDE!" You had slowly backed away from the door and proceeded to gallop away from the hunted library. You have no idea as to what you should do or where you should go now.

Like I said I love this ending! It was a clever way to establish where we were in the canon timeline, and it was just pretty funny! To me at least hehehehe...

Embarrassing Moment:

How did you become a brony?

Looking back at this asking this question so early on is weird. I mean just asking this in general with random people on the internet is weird itself, but still.

First Appearance Comment:

Realizing that having friends is great, you decide to start up a cult religious movement celebrating the magic of friendship. To spread the word, you decide to find the closest art supply store and purchase poster making equipment(paper, crayons, etc) with your thirty bits.

I was forced by my friend, Dazzler Star... I REGRET NOTHINNNNGGG!!!!! :trollestia::flutterrage::pinkiecrazy:

Jeray2000, for those wondering, was the first original editor for the story! In fact this was the episode when he offered up too edit. He stuck around for awhile, but eventually he had to do something and Kersey came in as a temp editor for him. Course temp turned into permanent cause he never got back to me...I think. But what can ya do?

New Dawn, on the other hand, was a great commenter who stuck around till either the end of season 1 or middle of season 2. Their ideas were always fun, and I think they comment some long standing stuff too. I think...I'll get back to you all on that.

The Beginning of a Running Gag:

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" You start screaming.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" She starts screaming.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH"

"AHHHHHHHHHHH"

LOUD NOISES! This episode brought us the season one running gag of back and forth screaming! Always love a good back and forth, and I think I used different shouting videos each time too so double points!

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

Rating: 5/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1