The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

Now this chapter is the very first chapter that I wrote 1000 words! Of course that didn't last long as we're still a good couple episodes away from when 1000 words became the norm, but hey this is the very first one so yay for standing out!

This episode brings us a pre-developed Celestia, a new spell, and the introduction (sort-of) of Bugze's first ever friend!

Now this episode clearly show's my inexperience with writing Celestia's character as opposed to later. You can tell cause I gace her like, two lines and the only personality either of them had was that she calls Luna Lu Lu. I also made her seem pretty dumb for not picking up that Bugze's a changeling given his behavior, yet a few lines later she's suspicious of him telling her that Luna wants to meet her in her room.

I blame the fact that by this time the only Celestia exposure I had was from fanfiction and Season 1 of the show. Plus the few bits she was in season 4. So I wasn't actually that well in-tuned to her personality yet.

Clearly I wasn't that good with her character yet, but thankfully by the time she showed up again in Ponyville I had caught up with the show so I had a better grip with her character.

After Celestia's brief cameo we have Bugze running off to the guard barracks to find the 'Stun Spells and You' book.

My mindset here was that I wanted Bugze to have some offensive spells. So while I was writing this I figured why not give him a stun spell. After I had that thought I figured the best place to find one was in the guard barracks, hence why Bugze made his way there.

Plus I figured the funniest place for him to be caught would be the place where all the guards sleep hehehehe...

After that we have the usual use of Look a Distraction and Bugze being pulled into a room via Cadence. End on a freaked out cliff hanger and there's your episode!

All in all this episode did its purpose of transitioning from point A to point B like most of the early episodes. Besides the fact that it leads to one of my favorite episodes and gave us a new spell not much happened. So it won't be getting the highest of rankings.

Onto the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

Oh no reason, just running away from Princess Luna's room that just so happens to have a knocked out stallion that looks just like me in it. You think to yourself sarcastically, Oh, and did I mention that I'm a changeling too.

Sarcastic humor is one of my favorite forms of humor, so this bit always cracks me up. Although I do admit I could have had a better second thought besides 'Oh, and did I mention that I'm a changeling too.' I can't really think of anything off the top of my head, but defiantly something better then this.

Embarrassing Moment:

You know that voice, but from where. Then, it suddenly hits you..that's the..oh no. Its the STINKING BRIDES VOICE. FROM THE WEDDING.

Yeah this isn't the first time I mixed my narration with Bugze's thoughts during my first couple of episodes, but this one stands out the most since its he ending sentence. I don't know why I did this, maybe past me thought it was funny or something? I don't know, point is its bad grammar and confusing to the Hive Mind as to who's saying what.

Not that many titles this time, mostly cause the usual ones don't really have anything that applies to them. Oh well, that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

Rating: 3.5/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1