ReadingSins 429 members · 645 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Everything Wrong With

Shattered Dimensions Part 3: Obsidian Horizon (Chapter Fourteen: Time to Take Resposibility)

By Rawg

Time to Take Responsibility

Whelp, that perfectly sums up me on sinning this.
I

The world slowly faded back into view around me, and I regained my senses as Argentum released me from his memories. I took a sudden step back, dropping to one knee and breathing hard.

Oh, it's the "Journey Into Some Random Guy's Mind Gets the Guy Who Took the Mind Trip to Get Tired as F*ck" cliché.
II

“Drayke, are you okay?” Cadence asked, rushing to my side and placing a comforting hoof on my shoulder. I reached up and grabbed the friendly appendage, hoping it would speed my recovery from the ordeal I had just faced.

It won't.
III

“So, now you know,” he said sadly, “the price that is to be paid in order to keep balance.

$250?
IV

I stood up slowly as my thoughts cleared. “What happened next?” I asked slowly, “what happened after you killed Sanguis?”

The same thing you do in Skyrim or CS:GO. Teabag his f*cking body.
V

Sanguis’s body was locked in a tomb in hopes he would never reawaken or be discovered,

This is why we burn things.
VI

Allen’s friends had softened the cold shell that had formed around my heart, and Cadence delivered the final blow that set me free.

Cadence has a Final Smash, everyone!
VII

Argentum nodded, smiling proudly. “Then, Drayke Blackwood, the Sword of Harmony is yours,” he said, placing the blade in my hand as I wrapped my fingers around the grip.

Now, I must say your first and last name, before saying that you will have this blade with a name that makes me visibly cringe.
What? I can't bash the show OR this fanfiction for having something called the "[INSERT OBJECT] of Harmony"?
VIII

“I have seen your past and what you have done, and I know the uncertainty you hold about that gem you carry with you,” he gestured to my waist, and I pulled the black crystal out of my pocket.

Drayke's crystal is still the best weapon I have ever read of.
VII

"This thing is what I used to take over Equestria,” I said bitterly. “I don’t think I could use it knowing I would be capable of that again.”

Morals.
VIII

Argentum frowned. “Drayke, power is neither good nor evil. Power is pure; it is only the one who uses it that determines what the power can be used for. Tell me, Drayke, will you use this power to destroy, or to save?” he asked seriously.

And just like that, he was gone. I blinked my eyes, and the armored man that stood before me was nowhere to be seen.

F*ck you, Argentum.
IX

“Well… that was definitely the most intense thing that has happened to me in a while,”

Which part? The sword receiving, the mind journey, or the spirit sex?
X

That last part's a f*cking joke.

I twirled the sword in my hand and struck a heroic pose. “Then let’s go get those Elements of Harmony!” I declared triumphantly.

Honestly, I can only picture the sword as the Rapier from Fire Emblem.
XI

“Ah, so the first of the ponies has awakened,” a cruel voice said quietly. Twilight looked ahead to see Allen standing on a central platform that floated in the middle of each of her friends.

Greetings, pony. I've been standing on this rock for possible hours, waiting for one of you to wake up. I've been practicing my lines for hours and have been trying different voices for maximum effectiveness.
XII

Twilight looked ahead to see Allen standing on a central platform that floated in the middle of each of her friends.

Let's see... Give Allen and his platform a Subspace theme, and give Allen butterfly wings... I wish I could have brought in 8 fighters to attack Tabuu. Also, Allen is Tabuu confirmed.
XIII

Allen laughed. “Ah, that’s right, we haven’t officially met yet, have we?” he asked, drawing closer until his face was inches from hers. “I am the one who nearly killed Allen Greathouse and every pony living in the Crystal Empire. I am the one who killed your brother,” I whispered mockingly.

You're supposed to be nonchalant, you stiff f*ck!
XIV

Twilight suddenly exploded, regaining some of her strength as her eyes flashed a bright white. “I’LL KILL YOU!” she screamed, struggling to break free from her prison, “I’LL FINISH WHAT ALLEN STARTED AND DESTROY YOU!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9bPD50SGeg
XV

Allen laughed. “While those will be additional outcomes of my master plan, I have a much bolder goal in mind.

Sure you do.
XVI

Allen laughed. “While those will be additional outcomes of my master plan, I have a much bolder goal in mind. Tell me, do you know where we are?” he asked, gesturing to the endless expanse surrounding them.

Subspace?

Twilight took a good look around. “The Void,” she said in a hushed whisper.

F*ck!
XVII

Allen nodded, suddenly smiling. “That’s right; The Void, and endless expanse that fills up the cracks between the dimensions. Tell me, pony, do you know what would happen if a large enough blast of energy would be released here?” he asked,

Twilight widened her eyes. “You’re insane!” she shouted, struggling to move once again, “that would kill anything here, including all of us!”
Allen shook his head. “No, all of you would die, but not me; I already have my own powers, this boy’s power, and a large portion of each of your powers; nothing short of a true god can kill me,” he boasted.

CHROM!! You're needed in here! You already killed Grima, I'm sure this guy'd be no problem!
XVIII
Also, what, he'd just make a force field with his newfound powers?
XIX

Discord placed his hands together as a white robe and sash materialized around his body.

“Ah, not everything is as it seems, Sanguis-san!” Discord quipped as he held his hands before him in a prepared stance. “If you really can see into Allen’s memories, you might find that he and I have sparred with one another in the past!”

Allen frowned. “A ‘spar’ that ended with you two swatting each other like children,” he said, unimpressed,

Sanguis' line is getting a one-sin reduction.
XVIII

Discord glared at the human, all of the humor suddenly fading from his eyes. “You’re going to pay for that,” he growled, and hurled a ball of purple-and-black magic at Allen. The boy quickly spun to the side, dodging the attack effortlessly.

He didn't wear a trench coat nor a fedora when performing this.
XIX

Just then, Allen thrust his hands forward, unleashing all of his stored energy on Discord and slamming him against the rock Twilight was chained to.

Off Waves.
XX

I stared up at the glittering tree that Cadence and Zecora had led me to. It stood inside of a massive cavern, and glowed like a star. At the lengths of its branches were five different-colored gems, and one violet, star-shaped one in the center.

“Okay,” I said slowly, staring at the tree in confusion, “how exactly am I supposed to get those down?”

Cadence shrugged. “Try using the sword?” she suggested.

Getting nowhere.
XXI

I looked the princess of love in the eyes. “The Void!” I cried excitedly, “it’s where Argentum and Sanguis last fought!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9bPD50SGeg
XXII

I skidded to a halt and spun around, staring straight at the ponies dramatically. “Sanguis is going to join our worlds again,” I said in a low voice, “and once he does, I don’t think even the Elements of Harmony are going to be much help.”

Of course they won't be.
XXIII

Total Sin Tally: Twenty-Three
Sentence: Battle Tabuu in Subspace! (One stock, Intense, Retry Until Suceeded)

5395538 Well, I'm glad I'm still as funny as ever. :rainbowlaugh: I hope that holds true for the others.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3