Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
CouchCrusader
Group Admin

Hey, everyone! This'll be the thread for stories that are part of this contest that aren't hosted on FimFiction. Gonna keep this thread locked so we can focus on the stories as they come in.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Comedy]
Perspective by Quixotic Enigma - 1,547 words

Observations about ponies, (From Sweet Apple Acres in particular), from a VERY non pony perspective...

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Normal] [Sad] [Dark]
A Second Chance by Emerlees - 2,271 words

We've all heard the phrase, "Be cool or be a mule" while watching the show. This "racism" in Equestria inspired me to base my fan fiction around that idea. The idea of "racism" in Equestria has always interested me, and I have always wanted to look at it in a deeper level, which helped me write this fan fiction.

"A Second Chance" is voiced by the female mule, Beth, who lives with her donkey father, Marco, and her pony mother, Nectar. This story follows their troubles in an... I guess you could say... "forbidden love."

I hope you enjoy my writing and I look forward to the results of this contest. Thank you!

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Adventure] [Shipping]
Twilight and the Knights of Tambelon by StellaMagic - 7,756 words

This story is told from Scorpan's POV. It tells how he and his knights met Twilight after she's been swept by a storm. Twilight uncovers secrets and a familiar evil. In the process, a lesson is learned about what truly makes a hero.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Sad]
My Pain by phantombronierain - 2,124 words

This is a story about accepting your life, and how friendship will always be a part of you, no matter who you are.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Adventure] [Dark] [Comedy]
The Rescue of a Friend by Eugene Velvelidis and Jim Fotopoulos - 3,592 words

This story is about a young breezie and his friends who just find themselves in a rescue for their team member and friend, jim. But things got really complicated when they learn that behind jim's disapearance is a character that nobody suspect.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Sad] [Adventure] [Dark]
As Time Marches Onwards by KingDaddyDiscord - 3,923 words

Every parent must deal with the growing up of their child. In Flamescar's case, this includes telling the pony he has raised as his own daughter about her origins.

Dragons and ponies haven't mixed well since the failed treaty hundreds of years in the past. However, she doesn't seem to see that way. So when three ponies show up at their cave, seeking shelter for the night, Flamescar hopes that his daughter will realize why they are so untrustworthy.

Suddenly, a chain of events occurs that will leave the lives of both the dragon and his daughter changed forever, with no sign of things going back to how they were.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Adventure]
Harbingers: Shadows under Horseshoe Bay by Aurlingus Stretchfeather - 12,783 words

Small shard of a fan made mythos experienced through the eyes of a very inequine thing.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Adventure]
For the Sake of Love by SingSongthePegasus - 10,529 words

Azrith was a humble Changeling. She abided by all the rules, had a nice job as a scout. So when she was asked by Queen Chrysalis herself to visit Equestria to scout for love, there is nothing she'd rather do. But sometimes, the rules aren't always the right thing to do.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Dark]
The Town Downstream by radio414 - 5,707 words

The world Equestria exists in contains many amazing creatures, from the ahuizotl to the windigo. Each creature has different habitats and locations, they each have their own average moods and levels of ability. All of them are fascinating.

As Equestria's inhabitants begin to branch out and study these creatures, some rules-of-thumb have been developed to help potential biologists deal with potentially dangerous creatures.

Always identify what creature you are interacting with.

Know the basic habits of the creature.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly: Do not capture what you cannot contain.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Comedy] [Random]
Spid3r Ey3s by Silver Mist - 1,612 words

Something is wrong in Ponyville! Spiders are invading and climbing into ponies' eyes? What is the cause of this chaos? Is Discord behind it? (PoV of Discord but switches to 3rd person when he's not there.)

Comment posted by CouchCrusader deleted Aug 16th, 2014
CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Normal] [Shipping]
Why Ponies? by bahatumay - 8,828 words

Fa'al Ponieff the changeling was been arrested for poniphilia and high treason, charges which often spell death for the changeling. When Queen Lectin gave her a chance to defend herself, this is the story she told.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Dark] [Adventure]
I Am Demon by Aquaman - 15,090 words

I am Cold, swirling snow that turns ponies against each other, searing ice that freezes them solid. I am Survivor, the one the Friendfyre spell didn't catch, an exception that proves an impossible rule. I am Fear, Frustration, Anger, Hatred, every emotion my Creator has ever felt. I am her Future. I am her Past.

I am Demon, and Clover the Clever is my Master.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Normal]
Griffons Don't Get Cutie Marks by Chinchillax - 12,433 words

Matthias and his family have moved to ponyville to set up a griffon consulate in ponyville, but adjusting to how ponies live is difficult when everything is so different.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Adventure] [Normal]
The Planes of Dirax by Velox - 14,298 words

Aeraxer is a young dragon with doubts of his future and his worth. Living in a fundamentalist society that has forsaken the ways of any ancestors doesn't help him, either. When his friend asks Aeraxer to accompany him on a journey to a separate existential plane, he is skeptical, but decides to go once he becomes fascinated by the plane's recorded pony inhabitants, living in the land of Equestria.

With his first choice, Aeraxer sets into motion a chain of events that will shake both his spirit, and his society, to the very core.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Normal] [Sad]
The Changeling Way by Jonny Manz - 2,460 words

Love is a food source, although for most changelings, it doesn't go farther than that.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Adventure] [Sad]
Harmonious by Doctor Breznov - 7,401 words

A creature struggles to remain alive in a situation that would spell death for anyone else, but with the help of an inner otherness and the scent of apples the memories that come forth might be enough to make his heart beat if but for a few minutes more.

CouchCrusader
Group Admin

[Normal]
A holiday in Ponyville by QrV - 6,738 words

An agent of the Changeling Infiltration Agency is tasked with basically planting himself as a sleeper agent in Ponyville. The story depicts the first phase of the operation as he discovers the discrepancies between what he was taught in <changeling_agent_academy> and real life as well as all the small little things that make everyday life in Equestria incomprehensible fro outsiders.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18