Serpent-verse 5 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
SouthernCross
Group Admin

What will eventually become the FAQ

If you have questions about the setting, ask away.

3407767 I read the story and, one thing, how did skywinder become a filly magnet?

SouthernCross
Group Admin

3410233 It's his special talent, the fact he doesn't realize and acknowledge this is the reason he doesn't have a Cutie Mark yet. Since it's been established in the show that once of pony realizes their talent they improve at it, one can only imagine just how much charisma Skywinder is going to be throwing around by the time he hits adulthood.

How did skywinder end up being adopted by griffions?

SouthernCross
Group Admin

3412277 The events leading up to his adoption appear in chapter 4 House of Doo.

After Galestrider, Skywinder's foster father, found the foal unconcious at the base of Ularu he flew him back to his tribe for safe keeping while he and a few other males searched the area for Skywinder's parents. They only found Skywinder's birth father who had died fighting the Dust Dingoes.

After burying Skywinder's birth father it was Windancer, Galestrider's lifemate, volunteered to care for the foal that had apparently be protected by the direct actions of the Rainbow Serpent. At this point the foals stay was still only considered temporary as a messenger had been sent to the distant pony colony to get their input, and hopefully find Skywinder's birth mother.

The messenger returned saying not only did Skywinder's mother had already departed for Equestria by the time he got there, apparently having an emotional breakdown that convinced her not to even try and arrange a search party, but that the colony was stretched thin on resources and didn't have anyone available to care for the foal.

So Skywinder became part of the tribe.

When is the next update?

SouthernCross
Group Admin

3429839 Whenever I get the next chapter finished.

SouthernCross
Group Admin

Question I'm Surprised no one has asked;

How are Wedge-Tail Gryphon names structured?

Answer:

Considering the three names given so far (Skywinder, Galestrider and Windancer) it is clear the naming structure is as follows;

One Word with two halves. Part one refers to the the air or sky. The second is a type of movement.

This means Tornadohop is a suitable Wedge-Tail name.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8