Words-A-Day 5 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Learn for Life
Group Admin

This is a story that I've been wanting to write for a few years now. With the new year here, I'm thinking now's a good time to put in a resolution to work on it every day, in order to bring it to light. It is basically an adventure story with Rumble as the protagonist.

I am going to attempt to write 1,000 words a day, beginning 1 January 2015 Pacific Standard Time.

Learn for Life
Group Admin

January 1 2015

I wrote 1,047 words for the story, and actually got past a part that had been keeping me from writing for a while now. I think I'm doing well so far.

Learn for Life
Group Admin

January 2 2015

I got 1,113 words done for the day, and finished an important section of chapter 1. I also found that I need to either rearrange scenes or add significant information to it, like path-altering figures.

Total words in document: 2,362.

Learn for Life
Group Admin

January 3 2015

I got 1,127 words written today, and finished what I believe to be most of chapter 1. I think I will finish it tomorrow, and then have to go through editing it and drawing a coverart for it. I'm okay with that, though.

Total words in document: 3,489

Learn for Life
Group Admin

January 4 2015

I wrote 1,010 words today, pasted some words from another document of mine, and am now finished with the most recent rough draft I have of Chapter 1. I'm going to massively edit it tomorrow, and begin on Chapter 2 tomorrow.

Words in Document: 4,796

Learn for Life
Group Admin

5 January 2015

I wrote 1,284 words tonight. I wrote the first scene of Chapter 2, which went by much smoother than any other scene so far. After this, I don't know what to write next. I'll be editing Chapter 1 tomorrow.

Words in Document: 6,082

Learn for Life
Group Admin

6 January 2015

1,120 words, and I completed a scene of the second chapter.

Words in Document: 7,202

Learn for Life
Group Admin

7 January 2015

1,271 words this day, and I completed another scene for the second chapter. I will most likely complete the second chapter by the eighth. And I'm happy to say that I've met my goal every day for the first week of January. I'm going to be upping my ante for the second week: 1,250 words a day.

Words in Document: 8,473
New Daily Goal: 1,250 words

Learn for Life
Group Admin

8 January 2015

1,379 words for the night, 129 words above my set goal. I am on the very last section that I can think of for Chapter 2. 1/4 of Chapter 1 has also been edited, and will undergo one final editing readthrough after I'm done with the rest of the chapter. Coverart is coming along... that's all I can say. Onward and upward to publication!

Words in Document: 9,852

Learn for Life
Group Admin

January 9 2015

I wrote 1,978 words tonight, the highest I had so far, and I completed rough draft of chapter 2! Woohoo! Beginning chapter 3 tomorrow, as well as coverarting and editing chapter 1.

Words in Document: 11,830

Learn for Life
Group Admin

10 December 2015

1,268 words tonight, just barely making my goal. Struggling with the coverart and editing chapter 1.

Words in Document: 13,098

Learn for Life
Group Admin

11 December 2015

Only 175 words today. Boy, does this feel shitty. I've lost a lot of confidence in that.

Words in Document: 13,273.

Learn for Life
Group Admin

January 12 2015

1,391 words, and I'm back on track. I got an important part of chapter 3 done, and I'm happy about that.

Words in Document: 14,664

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13