Ideas and Development 125 members · 424 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hey to whoever decided to read this I have an idea that I want to make into a story but due to my limited ability in writing I would like to collaborate with someone to write it I would be supplying the general idea and someone would be there to help flesh them out. I story would be broken up into a number of stories focusing on a young colt who will eventually become a Lich and start to create an undead sanctuary which would eventually lead to an empire. He would not be villain and would not be trying to conquer any land but rather trying to create a place where all souls can come to finish of their business in the living world before passing on.

This story line would take place parallel to the cannon world of MLP and would have part that would intersect with the main story line but would focus on a completely different part of the world. Below I have made a brief detail of how the undead would be and the lore involving them.
All Undead have a strong desire which brought them back to the world of the living and a curse or (affliction) which (normally) helps them towards completing their desires but which can cause them to lose touch with the living. There would be a few exceptions to this rule mostly involving children who die extremely young.

The undead are brought back though the person soul’s naturally gathering of necrotic energy/magic from the surrounding area of their death or body which can take a long time to gather if such energy is not abundant. It can be sped up by outside help such as a third party giving energy to the individual.

All undead are sentient however during early stages of their rebirth their affliction can override their mind due lack of experience and hunger for more necrotic energy. It is also common for such soul to be captures and controlled by others due to their lack of control.
Most undead rebirth happen after the person has died but there are a few exceptions that only occur if the person is willing to go from living to undead. They often involve complex ritual and cannot be forced upon a unwill individual, some examples of such rebirths are Lich and Vampires.

Someone who is undead does not necessarily stay the same type during their undead life they can change from one type to another more often than not becoming a more powerful undead. This often happens during a major revelation to the individual often causing their main desire or reason for their return to change and/or overcoming their affliction/curse. This however does not always mean that any one type of undead is stronger than another rather that the individual has out grown their current form and is ready to ascend to their next form. This process can also make an undead leave the world of the living making them pass though the veil which is mystery to both living and undead.

When an undead is killed or purified unless individual has some kind of fall back or prepared body or container then the energy that makes up the undead soul his shattered along with the mind of the individual making it impossible to return to their former self and often having their essence absorbed by other living and undead things ranging from living creatures and plant to ghouls and ghosts. Although if the individual was extremely strong their essence can affect those who take them in this sometimes cause the individual to act as the one who was destroyed.

The undead have any affinity with the negative/dark end of the magic energy spectrum unlike living creature, who generally have an affinity with the Positive/light, thus having an inverse reactions to what living creature have when accessing the different spectrum of magic. However it should be noted that there have been individual from both living and undead who have shown that they are more inclined to the inverse of this ruling.

If you find this concept interesting and would like to hear more of the story idea then please send me a message at

prophetofthedarkpony@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from someone soon

Your sincerely Potdl

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1