A New World, a New Way fan group 789 members · 88 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

I was just thinking about that plot bunny I had where the Orre protagonists end up in Kludgetown, and ended up getting some quite detailed ideas from it. I'm not sure if I should set it in the Newverse, or that alternate continuity I keep talking about, but...

• Wes, as an Umbreon, and Rui, as an Espeon, wake up in the southern desert. After hours of walking, they arrive in Kludgetown, where they are immediately captured and illegally sold as pets. They can't fight back due to exhaustion, and being new to this whole "being a Pokemon" thing.
  • They try to fight for their freedom. Some other Pokemon are more successful, and large parts of Kludgetown get destroyed.
  • Espeon and Umbreon find Wes a few days later. Espeon uses his telepathy to talk to the residents of Kludgetown. Unfortunately, his translator-mind-link doesn't work on Dark-types.
  • They befriend Capper.
  • They rescue Michael, as an Eevee.

Pretty barebones, but this is just a concept at this point. What do you think?

I just need to finish Colosseum to get a feel for these characters... And get a new GameCube memory card to replace the save files of other games I had to delete.

I've realised that this is the opposite of The Tides Have Turned. TTHT is set underwater; this story is set in a desert. TTHT has a mostly female cast; only one of the protagonists of this story is female. TTHT's setting is contradicted by the movie; this story's setting is from the movie. TTHT stars Pokemon rarely used in fanfics; this story stars Eeveelutions.

Good idea using humans as the captured pokemon.

Thanks, but... Do you have any advice? I have a lot of blanks to fill in.

Also, an idea I came up with last night: Rui's ability to see Shadow Pokémon could fall under aura powers.

I’ll let you know if I have any ideas

6546894 6547724
So... what would Kludgetown be like after the movie?

Probably the same. It's the kind of place you go when you have no other options.

6547909 Okay. How should I write Capper, though? I'm picturing him treating Wes and Rui like he treated the ponies when they first arrived there, but sincerely this time.

I've written a few more ideas in a blog post.

Capper wasn't a bad person, he was just looking for a way to get out of a bad situation. Write him as he was in the movie, don't contradict his actions there but instead expand on them. Maybe go into more detail about how much he was in dept, and what happens when someone doesn't pay up?

That said, he did make friends with some influential and wealthy ponies. I wouldn't consider it out of character for Rarity to give him what he needs to pay off his dept. After that, well, what do you see him doing?

6547968 Wait, he was in debt? I need to rewatch that.

I misread your second paragraph as him repaying Rarity.

Maybe he could see the Pokémon as a means to an end at first, but have a change of heart?

You need to decide if this takes place before or after the movie. Because if its after then Capper has had some character development for the better.

Yes, he was in debt. Pay attention at the two minute mark.

6548046 6547724
I also have a vague idea for an ending: the pirates let Team Orre leave Kludgetown and go to Ponyville, thus setting up a hook for another story where Pokémon (eg: Michael) are enrolled in the School of Friendship.

Also, what pairs should the characters wake up in?

• Wes & Rui, Espeon & Umbreon (my original idea)
  • Wes & Espeon, Rui & Umbreon
  • Wes & Umbreon, Rui & Espeon
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13