Meta Ponification 12 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
ReifuTD
Group Admin

I felt like opening a topic character ponification discussion talking about and asking about character.

Lets open with Ichigo Kurosaki from the TV series Bleach for example. Ichigo means many things and all aspects of his character is built around that. It means 15, strawberry and to protect. This makes me think his cutie mark maybe something like a strawberry shaped shield with 15 seeds. His race is a little debatable both an Earth Pony and a Pegasus with his character. His race being a Pegasus being due to his character’s focus on speed.

Free to add your thoughts and/or ask about other characters.

Am I the only one who thinks that changing a characters name to fit mlp a bit jarring I mean sometimes it can work but it feels like it can fall flat sometimes.

ReifuTD
Group Admin

Yeah, you'd have to be good that choosing a ponified name that fits because some human names can be jarring for a pony to have. I'd found alot of times you can salvage parts of the salvage original name perhaps by just useing the surname or turning given name into a phrase. Some characters I did off of Silent Hill would be good examples.

Lisa Garland is just turned into Garland and give her a string of garland/ribbon cutie mark or James Sunderland is just Sunderland and give him a sun and clouds cutie mark.

I've turned Dahlia Gillespie into Black Dahlia after a phrase/nickname of the famus murder victum. Claudia Wolf into White Claudia after the name of flower in Silent Hill used to make drugs.

A lot of it depeneds on the name, the character and the creativity person writing or speculating.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3