Island of Sodor Residents 74 members · 43 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Hello!! Welcome to...

TOP FIVE EPISODES: Season 1 Edition

So the basic set up is this: I want as many members of the group as possible to give a short top 5 list of their favorite season 1 episodes. You can give a short description of why you like the episode, but you don't have to. Either way, after a few days and a good amount of people have posted, I will tally up the votes and give a definitive list of the top five favorite episodes as chosen by the group. Now, go make your list, and HAVE FUN!!!

1. Thomas gets Tricked
2. Toby
3. James in a Mess
4. James learns a lesson
5. Edward Helps Out

Do you mean toby and the stout gentleman?

6298066 My top five for Season 1:
5. Trouble for Thomas/Thomas and the Trucks: This is the first time Edward becomes relevant since "The Three Engines" triology, and it's also the first true look at Thomas' desire to do more than just shunt coaches in the yard. Plus, it has that awesome extended instrumental of Thomas' theme.
4. Foolish Freight Cars/Troublesome Trucks: Season 1 James always seemed more of a nice guy compared to later seasons, as can be seen here where he has no trouble being assigned freight/goods duty. And the fact that he keeps going in spite of all that happens, is quite inspiring.
3. Thomas Gets Tricked/Thomas and Gordon: The one that started it all. It's also probably one of the only times Gordon isn't being a jerk.
2. Whistles and Sneezes: Fun fact, this is the only Season 1 episode that never had a Ringo Starr renarration for the U.S. Anyway, this is one of those episodes that combines two stories from the source material into one episode, and does it very well.
1. Thomas and Bertie's Great Race/Thomas and Bertie: Simple concept explored to its full potential. Thomas and Bertie have a race to see who's the fastest, and both must overcome obstacles, with it all ending in a spectacular win for Thomas, and a new friendship between the railway and the road.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6