Mandalore 11 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

This group has grown too quiet. So let's liven thing up a bit.
I want to take a look back a the Clone Wars series and pose a question to any who would call themselves Mando'ade. I want to look at the characters Duchess Satine and Pre Vizla of Death Watch. The question is this: Who (if either) can be called a true Mandalorian? Is it the Satine and her ideas of peace and neutrality or Pre Vizla and her terrorist attacks? What are your thoughts on these two in relation to what it means to be a Mando?

3196070 Well, neither can be called a true Mandalorian, because Satine changed her culture and is only Mandalorian due to her living on Mandalore. And Pre Vizla, well, he's closer to what the Mandalorians were, but his culture was also slightly different, eh. But, hey, this is just me spouting shit in the middle of the night, eh.

True Mandalorians are neither the faithless weaklings who follow Satine nor Tor Vizsla and his ilk who used the Six Actions as an excuse to commit thuggery and atrocities.

The True Mandalorians are the followers of Jaster Mereel, those who sought true honor in the wake of Mandalorian Excision by upholding moral codes as mercenaries, bounty hunters, and body guards, unlike the Death Watch who sought to ignore such laws and ideals. Though they were largely destroyed during the Mandalorian Civil War, the few who remain (Jango and Boba Fett among them) and espouse their ideals are dedicated to the extermination of the Death Watch.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3