Frozen 164 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

So hi everybody, in a effort to drum up some kind of activity in this group I'm going to start listing recommendations on non-Frozen/MLP crossover fics. I know opinions will vary on them but I do leave this open for anyone to post their own recommendations.
------
The Royal Reunion
By: robert3A-SN
Rating: T
Site: FFN
Ship: Anna/Kristoff, King/Queen
Summary: Post movie: The King and Queen of Arendelle were presumed dead for 3 years - yet return to Arendelle 6 months after the Great Thaw. But the wounds and scars of the past - on Elsa and Anna - the lingering fears of the present, and other unforeseen consequences make it a very complicated reunion.

Not to many fics deal with the idea that the King and Queen didn't die those three years before the movie, this one is by far the longest done for the idea. Extremely well written and works will with canon events and what little we know about the King and Queen. This is one I followed from beginning to end and is an wild ride of a fic and well worth through all 31 one chapters. It shows that even Elsa and Anna are very much human.

Ice
By: The Legend of Rune Factory
Rating: K-T
Ship: Elsa/Kristoff
Summary: Ice was his life. Everything about her reminded him of his favorite thing. Her delicately braided platinum hair, her crystalline blue eyes, her pale, pale white skin... He shivered to think of her. Elsa was, indeed, the true queen of the ice and snow. *a collection of non-connected one-shots*

Ok so this one is a bit off the wall in regards to shipping, Kristelsa is fairly uncommon and is probably ranked 5th or 6th in terms of popularity, though it is the one that really got me into the ship. Well written and is quite varied in therms of genera, ranging from the fluffiest pieces of fluff to angsty as hell. The one-shots (though there are a few that are connected) are centered around Elsa and Kristoff and do well in keeping them in character. Also as it stands two of the thirty something chapters have my fingerprints in them

The Courtship of the King & Queen
By: Legend of Rune Factory
Rated: T
Ship: King/Queen

Summary: *Frozen Prequel* Prince Georg was not expecting to run into a beautiful young woman during one of his outings. He is immediately smitten with her and continues to sneak out of the castle to be at her side. However, Lydia isn't royalty; she's the daughter of a clockmaker. As prince of Arendelle Georg must marry another royal, even if his heart is already taken by a commoner.

One of the few Frozen fics that deals excursively with the King and Queen, and even more so that deals with the two when they first meet. As you read you can see quite easily where Elsa and Anna get their personalities from.

A Baker's Dozen
By: ShearViscosity
Rating: T
Ship: Hans/OC
Crossover: Tangled
Summary: Banished from his lands, stripped of his title, and kicked out with only the clothes on his back, Hans has to make his own in the world. Things start looking up when he travels to a foreign land called Corona where a baker's daughter offers him some bread, a job, and perhaps something more. Thirteen chapters, starting with his actions in Frozen and ending with his redemption.

I will be the first to admit that I really don't like Hans. I will grant it that he is an excellent villain, but past that I have little sympathy for him and generally get annoyed with all the fics that just handwave away the fact that he attempted regicide on a sitting monarch and her heir. Needless to say this story doesn't do that. Hans is still punished for his actions and has to grow as a character and prove himself to not just to his love or Elsa, but also to himself.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4