Tolkien Bronies 84 members · 23 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Hello! I am Grant, a major fan of Tolkien! Introduce yourselves!

ladyarcana
Group Contributor

3032117 I am Lady Arcana, my OC is Harmony Iris, a flutter pony, living alone in the Everfree. Guess sh'd be like one of the last elves in the forest..... maybe

Cool! My OC is Sukhbataar, a Przewalki's Horse: He'd probably be like a man from Rhun, an Easterling!

ladyarcana
Group Contributor

3032368 Hmmm I wonder what kind of creature he'd be in Tolkien's world? That would make an interesting Role Play though.....

Probably a man, one of these men:

The typical Ponies of Equestria would likely be Hobbits. Full-sized horses like the Saddle Arabian Delegates are likely to be Men. Like you said, either Flutterponies, Natural Alicorns like Luna and Celestia, or even just really pretty horses are liable to be Elves

Hi, I'm Cannicus Palentine, big fan of Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit and fantasy in general, and like Tolkien I have a fascination with history and mythology. I'm slightly different to other Bronies in the fact my Avatar to remain human. Just a preference, however if he was in Middle-earth I'd see him as a knight of Dol Amroth, simply because we don't see them in the movies and thus are allowed let our imaginations run wild. My favorite factions in Middle earth are Rohan and Gondor, simply because we spend time getting to know them and connect with their culture. Do we connect with the Haradrim, or men of Rhun? Do we see much of their culture outside a few battle scenes?

I tried to write a mlp version of the Hobbit at one time but decided it was too recognizable and not original enough. Though I had ideas about how the races of Middle-Earth would fit into Equestria.

Ponies - Hobbits
Shetland Ponies - Dwarves
Horses - Men
Deer - Wood Elves
Alicorns - High Elves or Istari (more likely the later, due to them being more rare).

Didn't think of anything for Orcs, Uruks, Goblins or Wargs though.

3032117 my name is Rubyfire and I love dragons I love to play videos games and watch movies and tv, my favorite movies and tv shows are Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and A Game of Thrones

German Empireball, a Hobbit and LotR fan.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10