The Females Of FimFiction.net 43 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

So I've been traveling across the world for the past two years and have been introduced to many different world views because of it. From environments that discouraged girls from achieving a high education or well paying career, to places that put a large emphasis on it.

I mainly grew up in Eastern Canada, where girls were generally thought to have equal opportunities with males. The wage gap was still there, but at the time, more girls were going on to post-secondary education than men! Life was fairly comfortable in the middle-class, as public education was easy to access and there were many outreach programs setup for females who needed the extra support. However not all countries or areas are like this. In Austria, the pay gap between genders is over 25%!

So my series of questions to you are these, what's it like being a girl in your area? Did you (or are you) grow(ing) up with all the resources you need? Is there a large pay gap between you and your coworkers? And are women generally treated as equals there?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1