Depressed Readers / Authors 57 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Or at least that's how I feel. I wanted to create my own series one day, and to practice, I used to write a few stories on this site. But I was told that one of my stories had a forced premise, and on another story, I was told that my writing was not very good. So I pretty much gave up, and now I don't know what to do.

6371727 You don't need to give up. If you're having trouble, there are plenty of groups on this site to help. Try finding proofreaders, prereaders, and/or editors. They can help catch spelling and grammar errors, among other things, as well as helping with things like characterization, pacing and storyline, give you opinions and feedback. Don't be afraid to ask.

No matter what you or anyone writes, there will almost always be someone who doesn't like it for whatever reason. But there will also always be someone who loves it. Aren't those the ones worth writing for?

Even so, even when I want to continue, I seem to have lost all inspiration or desire to continue. And I don't seem to be getting it back anytime soon.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3