Canon Kosher 24 members · 65 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Alan Smithee
Group Admin

Welcome, one and all, to the Canon Kosher group!

I created this group because I believe that there's a certain beauty for fan fiction that follows the continuity of the source material as closely as possible: When you place your favourite characters in an alternate universe, they change because of the setting they're in, and they cease to be your favourite characters. I believe that My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic, is the sum of all it's parts, from the girlish and cliche theme song to the subtle and well-written characters. Furthermore, the discipline of ensuring that what I'm writing is consistent with the show forces me to write what I consider better stories than I would write without such limitations. Finally, piggybacking off of what the show already gives me eases some of the work of characterization and giving the characters proper motivation.

Once again, welcome!
I'm just getting this group started, so there are no rules as of yet, except no stories posted here can have the "Alternate Universe" tag. Use this thread to discuss why you like to keep to canon, introduce yourselves, mingle and have fun.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1